Chapter 8

2:15 am

Zhaira parked her car her usual feisty way. She went out with some boys standing outside the store gush over her flawless long legged always looking good at the mini skirt she wears.

There's something unusual to her. She, isn't drunk.

Approaching the glass door, eyes following her, Zachary went out with a towel on his hands wiping his sweat.

"Oh! Hi there Zach!"

Zachary rolled his eyes, but opened the door for her. The crew was surprised at her low key entrance. She also gets her own coffee. Zhaira went towards her usual spot, sip her coffee and looked out the window walls.

Zachary sat across her and asked in doubt.

"May ibasayongayon... Hindi ka ata"

"ulllllbbbbbbbbbb" Acted as if she was about to vomit

"Sabi na eh! Lasing ka parin!!!" He panicked almost get her something to vomit on

"Joke lang! Faking it! Ito naman aligaga agad!"

He was irritated.

"Sigurado ka?' Wag kang gaganyan ganyan dito ah duon ka sa labas!"

"Oona! Ha Ha perohindi nga ako nakainom this time"

Zachary leaned back and crossed his arms with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh. Nakamamatay yung simangot mo, hindi nga!"

Zachary loosens up.

"Ha Ha. Ang cute mo parin kapag nabibiktima kita ha ha ha. Zachary you, hindikapa rin nagbabago"

"At ikaw? Kailan ka titigilkaka-good time sakin?'

"Ikawnaman" she tapped his arms. "Nagkakataon lang na ikaw ang nasa malapit lagi"

"Yeah, I wonder why?" He murmured

"Don't take it personally" Sips her coffee

"So anongangmeron? Out of stock nabamgaalakngayon?" He glanced at their fridge "Mukang meron pa saamin, ayun oh bilankita?"

"Ay grabesiya. Rest day ko ngayon!"

"Wow! May rest day ka pang nalalaman ah!"

He noticed the sudden change in her facial expression. Zhaira saddened upon remembering something that frustrated her earlier.

Interested to know, Zacahry asked her softly.

"A...anongproblema?"

She looked at him as if her eyes were teary. Zach is starting to worry about what she's going to say. Is she finally going to tell something about Raul?

"Ahm... Zhai???"

She grabbed his hands and tap her head on the table.

"EEEhhhhh Zach!!!!"

"Ha?!!!!! Ano? Anong problema? Teka magkakabukol ka niyan!"

She raised up her head and looked at him with a childlike state and pouted.

"Nataloakosadotakanina!" She cried

Zachary's eyebrows raised, his heart that was about to explode earlier turned cold. He pulled out his hands from hers.

"ZHAIRA!!!!"