Chapter 38

"Zach!"

She called him loudly as much as she could. The rainy morning starts to overwhelm the surrounding noise.

Zach turned around and saw Zhaira approaches him and suddenly jumped into his arms.

"Zach, I want you to know that I believe so much in you and that you deserve that scholarship"

"Zhai what are you saying? Don't tell me you believe that we need to be away from each other. Alammoba up to this point I don't believe that you're in love with Peter?"

"That isn't important'

"It is for me! You mean the whole world to me Zhai. And your dad telling me to leave you alone with him? I can't take it. Hindi ko kaya"

Her tears start to fall. She jumped onto him and kiss his lips. Once she let go, Zach pulled her again and kissed her once more. Both of them crying while sharing breathes with each other.

"You don't know how long I have waited for this to happen

"You don't know how long I have waited for this to happen. You are my world Zhai, and I don't want to see my world crumbling in front of my eyes and do nothing"

"But Zach, Don't you see? I don't think I am brave enough to see you being destroyed in the process"

"By whom? By Peter? Is that what this all about? Tinakotkabaniya like what he did to others?"

He pulled Zhaira and noticed some bruises on her arms.

"Sinasaktan ka ba niya?'

"It's just a small understanding Zach, where are you going?!"

"To give him what he needs"

"No, Zach please listen to me"

"No! This time you listen to me. This has to stop Zhaira!"

I was so furious. Nagdilim ang paningin ko. Masyadong mabigat sa akin ang isiping malalayo ako kay Zhaira. Mas lalo akong lumubog nung nalaman ko ang totoo. I've been doing everything I could to save her from anything and yet she's sacrificing herself for my sake without me noticing. I can't take it. I won't take it lightly. And all in my mind, Peter has to pay.