Quick stroll on the past 2

Zachary, the only child of the Faulkerson  is regarded as the good son. Obedient and polite,  always prim and proper. Appreciates everything his parents do for him and takes extra care of the things his parents bought for him. They were not rich, unlike Zhaira's family. 

Before his father worked for Don Antonio, he was part of the security group at the university. Ever since he was a child, he brings his father lunch or dinner and sometimes accompany him in graveyard shifts. 

There were instances which he helps his father maintain cleanliness too. Their house is just humble as they are, located at the back of the university, walking towards the school was never a problem for them.

Even if the Mendoza pays for his tuition, Zachary works as part of the maintenance in the school for his own earning. Although Don Antonio disagrees with the settlement, he let the young Zachary do what he wants. He saw a responsible young Zachary, a character he's hoping his children would acquire, especially his only daughter Zhaira.

2nd year high school. New year.

"Zach! ZAch!"

Someone shouted for his name while he's swiping the fallen leaves.

"Oh bakit????"

"Si Zhaira!"

"Ha!!!! Anong nangyari?"

Because everything about Zhaira became everything to Zachary too, anything she does causes a problem. Only Zhaira can cause a calm and soft spoken Zach, shaken.

"Zhai??? Zhai?"

He is leaded at the back of another building. No one is there, only the hum of the birds is the loudest.

"Zhai??"

He looked down and saw a few pieces of fireworks nearby. His eyes followed the trail of the abandoned pieces and realize it was meant for him. His eyes widened, and when he realized the prank again Zhaira had set for him

"ZHAIRA!!!!!"

Someone threw a lighted firework meter away from his feet that made him stop and jump away. 

Zhaira and other culprit can't stop laughing from where they hide.

Seconds passed, all the other fireworks started to explode.

Zachary ran and jump around trying to cover himself up from the blows.

"ZHAIRA!!!!!"

But the naughty girl and her other friends hide behind a tree, laughing at the sight of the bullied Zachary.

Principal's office.

"Zachary, anonanamangkapabayaan to?"

He looked down and nod nothing.

"Iho, I know you. hindi ka naman ganito. Now tell me, sino gumawa nito?"

His eyes looking down and said nothing at all.

"Hmm. Si Zhaira nanaman ba?"

"Sir hindi po!"

He objected with conviction.

"Zach,  Ikaw ang naka-assign sa paglilinis ng bakuran, paanong nagkaroon ng mga paputok duon?"

"Baka po, may mga naghagis lang mula sa kabilang bakod, sir"

"Nung nakaraang may naghagis ng tae ng kalabaw kay Mr. Terrence at saktong ikaw lang ang nanduon sa area, galing din sa kabilang bakod yon?"

Zach remembered the face of the dreaded Mr. Terrence, the adviser for their algebra when he was thrown a pile of carabao poop. He can't help but gushed about how accomplished Zhaira's face that time.

"Zhaira! Bakit mo ginawa yon?!"

"Eh binagsak niya ako eh, epal na yon. Don't tell me magsusumbong ka?'

"Eh syempre, hindi"

"Good! Tsaka, malulusutan mo yan, ikaw pa!"

"Pero Zhai, this has to stop. Mapapagalitan nanaman tayo ng Daddy mo"

"Akolang... Ako lang naman ang papagalitan, malakas ka kay dad"

"ZACH! ZACH!"

He snapped out of his daydream.

"Ha?! po sir?!"

"Naririnig mo ba sinasabi ko? This has to stop, okay?"

"Si... sigepo sir. Pasensyanapo"

He got out of the office when Zhaira suddenly hugged him from behind.

Zach!!! Eehhhhhsorry na.

He tried to unwrapped her arms around his waist.

"Zachary ba! Sorry na okay? Ang cute mo kasiasarin eh"

"Kasalananna palamaging cute? (Edi sana nakulong kana)"

"Ano?"

"Wala. Nag-enjoy kaba?"

"Oo! Ha Ha ang cute mo! May video ka kayasakin!"

"Hoy! Burahin mo yan utang na loob Zhaira!"

"Eh bakit ba? Koleksyonko mga bloopers mo no"

"Grabe ka talaga"

"That's how you make me happy ha ha ha"

"Oh I see. My circumstances makes you happy"

"Ito naman eh! Sige na buburahin ko na!"

"Hindi na sige na. Okay na. Wag mo na i-delete"

"Talaga bah?"

She tiptoed reaching his face and pouted her lips closer to his.

He breathes in and out. Zachary has no power over Zhaira's charm every time.

"Okay na sigena. "

"Yes! Thank you! Zack! Mwah Mwah Mwah!"

She planted three kisses on his fluffy cheeks.

"Ooohh I love you so, just look in my eyes, they'll tell you this could go oh...oh oh"

Zhaira sings as she pulls Zach away from the office and leave school.

~ I have no power over your charm.