Chapter 40

Peter was rushed into the hospital right after the teachers found out what happened. Zhaira and Zachary parted ways when Zach was called for a police report.

Peter's parents were talking to Antonio and was horrified and angry for their son's sake.

"Antonio, I understand that Zach the boy who beaten up our son is dear to you. But I won't let this slip away. I don't care if he is a minor, he must go to jail!"

"No one is going to jail!"

Antonio shouted.

"Oh really? Then maybe we can suspend him and can kiss his scholarship goodbye. So we are even!"

Out of his anger Antonio pushed Peter's father on the wall and uttered a great anger in his voice.

"No one should ever mess with my children not even you. You want to take that boy's scholarship? Then be my guest. I can place him in any other school better than yours!"

He let go and turned his back on the man.

"And oh! You can kiss your contract goodbye. From what I know, Zach rescued my daughter from your son!"

"This is not over Antonio!"

"Yes, it is. Kung gusto mong maligtas ang kinabukasan ng anak mo, you will let this slip away like nothing had happened. Touch that boy and I will end you"

While their parents are talking outside, Zhaira is in Peter's room, standing beside his bed. His face is swollen, all bruised and stitched brows. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Zhaira beside him, staring at him without a glimpse of remorse.

"Wow. Should I be glad that you're here? Or should I be scared that you look so happy seeing me like this?"

He's trying to speak, though his lips also swells.

"Alam mo, masyado kang nagpatalo sa pagtakot ko sayo pero ha ha ha kaya naman palang pulbusin ni Zach ang tropa ko." "Ayan tuloy, he can kiss his future good bye. And he should thank you for that"

"Zach is responsible. Matalinosiya and he can put up with anything and anyone, especially your kind"

"Ha Ha my kind? You mean our kind. Troublesome, messy, lost kind"

"You can say whatever you want, but I will never end up like you Peter"

"Ha Ha Ha, of course you won't Zhai, because you will end up worse"

Also that night, Anotnio pulled Zach out of the police station. Zach didn't say a word during their ride to the hospital. Antonio wants to make sure that Zachary is in better shape. He's so worried for him and for Rosa.

After the nurse had cleansed and wrapped Zach's fist, Antonio talked to him again.

"Zach"

"Sir, I know you told me to lay low and stay away from Zhaira but I want you to know that"

"That you wanted to save her, I know and I thank you for that. But Zach, I will not stand down on what I've said earlier. I mean it. I will settle everything for you and your mother. Tell me whenever you're ready to leave"

He bowed his head and nod in agreement.