Chapter 47

They left the school after an hour. Zhairaconviced Zachary to play games.

"Dota? Gusto mong mag dotatayo? Alam mo ba sobrang daming mgabugoy ang mga naglalaro at this time of the night?'

"Hanap tayo ng wala masyadong tao, duon sa pinaglalaruan ko"

"She pulled him to where the computer shop is but someone blocked their way"

"Ops! I'm sorry missperohindi na kitapwedengpalaruindito"

"Excuse me? Why is that?"

"Anong why? Talong bese kanang nag 1 2 3 dito"

"That's not true! Zach, that's not true"

"Nag 1 2 3 ka?"

"Hind nga eh. Maybe I was drunk and I forgot to pay. I didn't mean it"

"Pasensya na boss ayaw namin ng gulo babayaran ko nalang magkano ba utang niya?"

"No Zach I'll pay him"

"Diba miss sabi ko naman sayo, makipag-date ka lang sakin libre kana dito?'

"Wait what? anong date?'

"Zachary, he was just kidding"

"Diba sab ko ayaw ko ng gulo? Ikawba gusto mo? Ang lakas ng loob mong sabihin yan sa harap ko, ano ka naliliitan ka sa akin? Ha?"

"Zach! Stop it"

The guy couldn't manage to even swallow his junk food. He melted upon Zach's toned chest and arms, staring at him.

Zhaira managed to pull Zach away from the one she called a minion.

"Ha Ha Ha have you seen how he sweats? Tinakot mo naman ng sobra!"

"Sasapakin ko talaga yon, ang lakas ng loob ha sa harapan ko pa"

"Suss. You have nothing to worry about. I only have my eyes on you"

"Hindi eh, naliliitan talaga sakin yon eh!"

"Ang oa na Zach"

"Ha Ha. So what do you want to do next?'

"Just take my hand and let's walk around"

"Happy to do it"

He watches her dance in the streets not caring what the world thinks

He watches her dance in the streets not caring what the world thinks. Buying ice cream in the middle of the night and eat ramen right after. They are hurting about the nearness of their separation for the third time, but for them this time it is well spent.

They walk hand in hand. The intimacy between them grows stronger. Zach sees Zhaira at her twenty three years of age, all grown up to the woman that she is in front of him now. Gorgeous and attractive.

She looks at him as they walk. His dimples seem to grow even deeper. From a thin young boy now turned into a masculine handsome man.

They stole glances of each other without saying a word. The night is getting colder and the warmth of someone's body would help them get through.

They passed by a hotel and looked at the sign for a few seconds. They looked at each other intimately.

"Nah!"

They both said and laugh.

"So. What else's on your list?"

"To have my guy wear onesies while saying how much he loves me"

"You don't mean that"

"Of course I do! Tapos We will drink beer after and we will make"

"Make what?"

"Wala"

"Make what?"

"Walanga. Mag-uumagana, I better be back sa car still have a long road to go"

"You're stalling"

"I'm not!"

"Zhai. Before you leave, watch the sunrise with me"

She smiled at him and nod.

"Oh Zach, of course I will"

They went back to the spot where she parked her car. They sat down on the grass while gazing at the stars.

"Zach, I'm starting to fight the demons inside me. But i don't know if I'll ever win"

"The good thing is, you tried"

She leaned her head on his shoulder while his arms covered her tiny body.

They stayed there, until the sun rises. Listening to the noise of silence up to the roars of the jeepneys passing by.

"Zhai. It's time"

She woke up and saw the light of day smiling for them. Zach helps her to stand and together they witnessed how the sun rose up in its place.

She breathes in and out and ready to say goodbye.

"So Zach, I think this is it. A new day, a new beginning for the both of us"

He steps closer and hold her arms.

"Zhai, if time permits tapospwedekapa, pwede na tayo I will tell you what I feel the way it should be said. Not like this when we are both broken"

"I know exactly what you mean"

They embraced each other not wanting to cry. Few minutes more and they let go.

"I'll see you soon?"

"You'll be surprised"

They smiled at each other. Zach waited for Zhaira to enter her car while starting his bike's engine. After their final nod, they drove off and parted ways.