Chapter 45

It's ten in the evening and she's staring at the city lights where she use to wait for sunrise. It's a few blocks from where Zach works. She sat on the hood of her car, waiting, hoping.

She breathes in and out and after a few minutes Zachary arrived.

"Hi Miss"

He smiled at her.

"Akala ko hindi kana dadating"

"Well, since pasakayna ako ngbarko at pabalikkanasa Baguio it's a waste of time if we will not take this chance to say our proper goodbyes"

"Likewise"

He sat beside her and stared at the stars.

"Before anything else Zhaira, I want to be completely honest with you now. Ha Ha I think It's long overdue"

"I'm listening"

"I still believed I deserved what happened earlier. Nung dumating ka, she was so furious and jealous. I cannot count the times she warned me of avoiding you. But I couldn't" "I like Liane Zhai, but my feelings for you is stronger than I thought. A like couldn't overpower that feelings" "So she decided to look for the love she thinks she deserves"

"But still she has no right to fool you like that"

"I have fooled her too. I gave her false hopes." " But like I said I will be fine, I have too."

"Whew! Ang drama natin these past few days Zach"

"Ha Ha ikaw kasi eh"

"Anongakokasi?"

"Zhai do you believe that we must put our past behind us?"

"And that we must grow individually even we're apart? Yes. Although I'll be missing you a lot still"

He held her face like a fragile baby.

"Eight years ago and every day since then, I missed you"

"I have an idea!"

"Anonanamanyan?"

'Zach? Since pauwinarin naman ako, can we do the things I dreamt of us doing as a couple eight years ago?"

"And those are?"

She pulled him up and wrapped her hands on his waist.

"Basta. I have a list. Please"

"Oh you have a list!"

"Of all the possibilities I have imagined" "Don't worry. We will not get into any trouble, don't be a sour puss"

"I'll hold you on to that"

"Sigena for me?"

He kissed her forehead and smile lovingly at her.

"Alright then"

They rode  Zach's bike and drove around town to wherever the road may lead them.