Chapter 39

Zach knows Peter's whereabouts. His popularity in school helps to discover Peter's wrongdoings. Zach, no matter how focused he was in his studies never let go of the idea that Zhaira must've been in trouble for dating Peter. Seeing Zhaira's bruises proves his doubts, and all the things he had heard brought his anger into the darker phase.

"So Peter. I heard that you finally get the Zhaira Mendoza. The so young and rich Zhaira"

"Si Peter pa ba? Lahat nakukuha niyan eh. Kahit si Zhaira pa"

"Perotol, powerful si Don Antonio I don't think it's a good idea, knowing your family is wanting to do business with them'

"Oh no worries about that. I'm safe if siZhairamismoang backer kodiba? She just loves that Zachary, who wants to be somebody at school. I know treathening to gang up on him will make her say yes. You'll see, it's just a matter of time before she spreads her legs apart for me"

They laughed for a while as they play poker, but Zachary entered their room all of a sudden. His eyes were fierce. Eyes that are ready to devour anyone that stands in his way. Peter's friends backed down, but Peter stood up against him.

"Anong satin pogi?"

Without uttering any word, Zach came up to him and punched him in the face. Peter tried to stand up and fight back, but Zach punched him just when he is about to be hit. Peter fell down on the floor and Zach sat on his stomach and hit him hard as he could. There's blood all over Peter's face.

Zhaira entered the scene and saw Zach's hands covered in blood. When he's about to hit him the hardest, Zhaira hugged Zach from behind and pulled him away. Zach kept shouting no, but Zhaira managed to calm him down.

"Zach please stop. Please stop"

~

I saw her tears. For a second I was confused if her tears were meant for me or for Peter. But then I snapped. I saw her pleading for me to stop. She was holding my fist, cleaning the blood with her favorite shirt. She is frightened, shaking. I've never seen her so terrified like that. And it was because of my own doing. I was trying to protect her from getting hurt, but I did the opposite and I regret that.