Chapter 30

Rosa prepared dinner for Zach even though she knows he wouldn't even bother to get up on his bed.

"Zachary, bangon na dyan nakahanda na dinner mo"

Rosa called him loudly for three times when a someone knocked on their door. She turned arround to check who is at the front door and discovered it was Zhaira.

"Zhaira!"

She's supposed to welcome her inside when Zach came out of his room and saw Zhaira standing at their door.

"Nay anong u... lam" He breathed deeply and went back inside his room

Rosa looked at Zach and Zhaira and noticed the coldness between them.

"Zhaira! Ano nanaman angproblema niyong dalawa ni Zach?"

Zhaira hopelessly looked at her nanay Rosa. Rosa sat down and made her talk about what had transpired.

They sat on the bench just in front of their house. As random people pass them by and the night breeze turns colder. Rosa, rub Zhaira's back for comfort.

"Nay, bakit ganon? Kung kailan nagiging maayos ang lahat, laging may nangyayaring ganito sa pagitan namin ni Zach?"

"Anak, I don't have all the answers for you and Zach. All I know is that you and Zach have stronger feelings for each other. More than you both could ever admit"

Zhaira looked at Rosa as if she's baffled about her statement.

"Nay, I will never do anything to hurt him, it's just happened that I am like a walking disaster and unfortunately siya lagi ang nasasagasaan. I'm a mess"

"Or maybe, he is walking with you"

"What do you mean Nay?"

"May mga bagay na madaling iwasan o ipag-walang bahala pero hindi natin ginagawa"

"Dahil hindi natin kaya"

"Dahil ayaw natin. We always have a choice Zhaira"

"And I guess Zach chooses to put everything to its end. Again"

Rosa combs Zhaira's curly hair with her fingers and caress her face.

"Oh child. I believe whatever it is you and Zach will face in the future, you can deal with those together."

"I doubt that. Ayaw akong kausapin ni Zach. He won't even budge to stare at me"

"Then you must give him the advice he gave you weeks ago"

She looked at her Nanay Rosa's eyes after realizing the meaning of her statement.

"I guess, I might. Thanks nay"

Rosa smiled at her gently and held her hands.

"So, ayokongmasayangang niluto kongadobo. Dinner tayo?"

She smiled back at Rosa and followed her inside the house. Zach stayed in his room watching tv while listening to the laughters of the two important women in his life.

~ I longed to hear your heart.