Part 40

(Hong Jisoo's POV)
"Hello?" He picked up the call.

"Hello Mark."

"Who's this?"

"I'm Jisoo, her boyfriend." I answered, referring to her.

"What do you want?" His voice is low.

"I want to help." I can't see him but I can tell he's surprised.

"Don't play with me. You think I'll trust you?" Mark snaps. He's totally right.

"I know what I did is wrong. But please listen to me this time. I want to help you and Lina. I knew all of this is wrong and none of you deserve this." I practically beg him.

There was a long pause until he speaks. "Tell me what you're going to do to help us."

*****************************

(Lina's POV)
"Hey!!!!" Ruth crashed into my room.

"Calm down. I'm reading it." I showed her my phone screen.

Got7 Mark and D7amond Lina Scandals Are Fake?!

The article reads. It's so dramatic but whatsoever. The real problem here is who caused all these false rumors.

"This person probably hates me a lot." I mutter.

"Maybe it's one of the hater." Ruth said. I suddenly remembered my small conversation with Jisoo.

"Be careful of this person......"

Rnnlh.

"Hey Ruth look." I hand her the note that Jisoo gave me.

"What the heck does this says?" She frowns at the note.

"No idea." I shrug.

"Maybe Naomi will know." She said and fortunately, Naomi just walks into the room.

"Hey Naomi! Can you figure out what his says?" Ruth handed her the note and her eyes narrow. She mumbled the alphabet order several times making Ruth and I confused. Her eyes widen as if she finally figured out the note.

"Soomi?!" Ruth's and my eyes matched Naomi's after what she had blurted out.

"What?" We both said confused.

"If you want to find for the real word. Look for the letter that comes after each letter in the alphabet. For example, 'S' comes after 'R', 'O' comes after 'N'. If you keep going, the word is 'Soomi'." She explained steadily. "But what about Soomi?"

"Jisoo gave me that note yesterday saying to be careful for a person. Turned out that person is Soomi."

"But why be careful of her?" Ruth asked.

"Jisoo said it's not my or Mark's fault...." I gasped as I started to realized what he meant.

"Soomi is behind all of these false rumors!!!" I yelled to them.

"But can we talk about the new article now?" Naomi impatiently asked.

"The person showed texts between him and the person who caused the false rumors. The texts basically shows her plan how to drag me down." I summarized the article.