the great rockstar

Luna

My fingertips were tingly from the adrenaline I felt. The dark red hotel room seemed to be spinning but I was laying on the soft white sheets, my heard in the cloud of pillows on the bed. The tip of my tongue tasted a little weird, like coke and drugs. The light was low and my sheer burnt orange scarf fell on top of the lampshade making the room a dark warm toned shade. Across the room a pair of blue eyes stared back at me, they were smoked by dark makeup making it a lot more intense, like a dangerous feline ready to attack.

She brought the cigarette to her lips one more time before putting it off on top of the mini fridge next to her. Her tall, skinny long body dressed in black: a soft long t-shirt with sleeves cut off, a pair of leggings made of shinny fabric, and long leather boots.

She uncrossed her arms and moved out of the wall she leaned on, making her way to the bed. I held my breath in as her cold hands touched the skin of my legs. Her lips opened in a smile showing off perfect white teeth and that's all I could see in between her bleach blonde hair that brushed through the air and fell in front of her face in waves.

Her hands wrapped around my ankles and pulled my body on the bed making me giggle. My body slipped through the surface easily so she could reach for my dark blue lace underwear, the only piece left on my body. She grabbed the thin material with her long fingers and pulled it off my body.

I felt her eyes running through every inch of my body, my naked chest moving up and down with my heavy breathing. Her body moved up and crawled on top of me, the roughness of her clothes against my skin.

"Make me yours tonight." I reached for her hair and moved it away from her face, finding again her bright blue eyes staring back into mine.

"As you please." Her raspy voice made and her cigarette breath made my body cover in chills.

Taylor was the girl I had been wanting for years. Her rock music, her piercing eyes, her lanky body, her touch. I had never been with other girls before, but I had to see what she was like. I don't remember much from after that, but that's usually how it works and what I expect. My mind was taken to the stars, my body went numb and the room kept spinning. Luna. Luna. Luna. Her voice echoed in my hear.

"Luna!" A not-so-raspy voice screamed from the phone. "When are you coming home?"

"Shut up." I mumbled before hanging up and putting it back down.

Now the great rockstar voice was replaced by my mother's, her worried sick screams coming through the device I held against my face seconds ago. My head was pounding and my stomach not happy. I rolled through the now completely empty bed to the memory of last night. I had gotten Taylor, she was with me, in this bed, doing things that definitely earned me a cut-the-line pass to hell.

I felt my cheek burn with the thought of that as I got off the bed. The blinds were still completely open and downstairs I had a view of the empty parking lot, where once a long black tour bus was parked at. Taylor must be on a different state now, probably far away from Seattle, and for a second I wished she could've taken me with her. I pulled the scarf from the lampshade and dropped it on top of my messy suitcase on my way to the bathroom.

I was a mess. My hair was completely tangled chaotically on top of my head, my lips a little swollen, two love-bites down my stomach, my eyes puffed and followed by dark circles, a couple scratches on my skin. A month out on the road and I was already unrecognizable.

I was on my way to the shower when my phone started ringing again. I stormed into the room rolling my eyes to the back of my head. I was okay. I was fine. There was no need to worry.

"What the hell do you want? I said I'm fine!" I barked into the phone.

"Someone's in a good mood." She said chuckled. Only one person I know was a big fan of sarcasm.

"Amy." I gasped. "I thought it was my mom calling again."

"What kind of iPhone do you have that doesn't show the caller ID? In what world are you living?"

"I'm sorry, I just- she woke me up this morning."

"Damn it. I was hoping I could do it." Her laugh was calm and smoothing, and her voice was nice to listen to. "Happy birthday, Luna." The wind was knocked off my chest, it felt like a punch. I had forgotten, and suddenly I needed to throw up. "Come back home." I smiled with her words. Amy was the only person I'd go back home for. "Aren't you tired of the nomad rock n' roll life?"

"Did you call to insult me?"

"Not today. Not on your twenty first."

Twenty one. That meant a lot to a lot of people, you're finally an adult. I remember wondering what it would be like, being able to go out, clubbing and drinking, do whatever I wanted. But now, I already did whatever I wanted, age was just symbolic, it didn't matter.

"Yeah."

"Don't sound too excited."

"I'm just tired."

"Okay, I'll let you go. I just called to say, well, happy birthday." Again, it felt like I was loosing my breath. "And please come home."