the life back home

The people on the street kept giving me weird looks, probably because of the extravagant makeup on my face: bright yellow eyeshadow and big glossy lips. I had just gotten out of a photoshoot, Renee kept ringing my phone but I was ignoring her, Will probably knew I was back in town from Harry and probably Ryan, who had called me about the job I had just walked out of ten minutes ago.

I had to admit, it felt nice being back in California. The weather was perfect, a little breeze and sunny sky, and the palm trees comforted me. Although I had been back for two days, I've been exhausted and sleeping off the jet lag I brought home from the short Spain trip, therefor I haven't seen Amy. I reached the building and ran up the stairs hoping my best friend would be there.

"Amy?" I said as I opened the door, throwing my keys on the side table. The room smelled like a flowery candle was burning.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" My friend ran out of the hallway, shaking her hands coming in my direction. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed my body. "I legit thought you were still sleeping. Or that you had died in there."

"I did sleep a lot, didn't I?" Amy let go of me and pulled me into the living room.

Things still were perfectly in place, like she never touched anything, like no one lived there to messYeah things around. When Amy and I rented the apartment together things were chaotic: furniture buying, boxes everywhere. We were so excited to move in together, it was our biggest dream come true, but now that apartment didn't seem to belong to neither of us. I, specially, was never there, and somehow walking into it right now made me realize I screwed up, I was ruining our friendship, and I was leaving Amy alone, I was never there for her and she still managed to stick through if. I didn't deserve her friendship and she deserved much better.

"Before you go back into hibernation, I need to know everything!" She threw her body on the couch and pulled me down with her.

"About what?"

"Harry!"

"Harry's good." Amy rolled her eyes.

"Harry's good?" She repeated sarcastically. "You turned off your phone and flew to Spain for a couple days to see Harry freaking Styles and now you're sitting in front of your best friend and Harry Styles' biggest stan, and all you have to say is Harry's good?!" I laughed. "I'm gonna need a little more than that, Luna."

"I don't know what to say. It was nice, we slept together, we had sex a few times, we hung out, we kissed, I met a few of his friends."

"So are you guys..."

"No! We agreed we're never talking to each other again. It's over."

"What?! Why?"

"You know I don't do this, Amy. I can't."

"I think you should try and open up to someone, Luna. Not everyone is gonna ruin you. That's all I'm saying."

Last time Amy and I had a conversation about this was when I started to get involved with Paul. Since with any other guy I never showed that I cared, Amy took the opportunity of me hanging out with Paul to give me advices that I never asked for. She thought that maybe Paul and I could be something else, and maybe I could give him a chance, but I never did and I still ended up hurt. I let myself care for him and enjoy his company, I'm not letting that happen again. And that's why I couldn't see Harry again, I couldn't grow any type of feelings for him, which wasn't hard judging by who he was, and I did enjoy being with him, if I didn't I wouldn't have flown out to Spain to see him again.

"This is the last time I'm talking about Harry Styles. So ask me whatever you want because this is your last chance."

"Okay, one more thing. Why the hell did you two go out in public? Like, those pictures are everywhere." I took a deep breath. "Everywhere!"

"They are?"

"You didn't know?"

"I mean, I haven't really thought about it."

"Well, they're everywhere! The fans on twitter found out who you are and you probably shouldn't check your Instagram."

"Jeff is gonna kill Harry."

I grabbed my phone quickly, without thinking, and almost started to type a text to him, before I realized I couldn't.

"Jeff as in Harry's..."

"Yeah. According to the media Harry's going out with this model girl and Jeff doesn't quite like the fact that there's pictures of Harry and I popping up as that is happening." I put my phone away again, and let my head fall on the back of the couch. "Jeff didn't even know I went to Spain."

"But you did because Harry begged you to, so it's none of your business, right?"

**********

I walked into my parents' house. A big arrange of tulips was tall on the center table, the sun shinning bright through the large windows. I had been home for five six days now, and I decided it was finally time to say hi to them, I came in peace, with no intentions to fight, and I hoped it stayed that way.

"Will?"

"Right in here, kiddo."

I followed the sound of his voice into the kitchen. He sat on the tall stool on the counter, in front of his MacBook. I walked up to him and was greeted by a warm hug, it felt strange.

"You're looking a little red." He teased making me roll my eyes. "Sit down, tell me about your trip." I slid on the stool next to him.

"It was fun."

"I didn't know you and Harry were friends."

"We're not... Friends like that." I said quickly. "I knew a few people that were there with him too." I lied.

"Oh. He had good things to say about you when I talked to him a few days ago."

"What did he say?"

"I don't know why but he seems to really think you're a lovely person." We both laughed. "I truly don't know what Luna that kid met, but I'm not sure it's you. He said you guys had a good time."

"We did." I smiled. "Did he say anything about some pictures?"

"He did say something. He just warned me not to talk about it."

"Okay."

"What was that about?"

"It's just some pictures of us in the street and I was worried..." I looked up to find Will staring at me from behind his reading glasses. "Never mind."

********

Hi guys! I hope you're enjoying the story. I'm really bad with author's note and that's why I rarely leave any, I feel really weird writing wondering if anyone's going to read. You can leave me suggestions for the story in the comments if you want :) 

One of my favorite stories, She, started to get randomly deleted, chapters were disappearing and it was really frustrating to me. Luckily I had the story backed up on my computer, it's the story I'm planning on keep going with for a while and having more than one book, so it was really upsetting to me seeing it getting messed up. 

I deleted the whole story and will start uploading it again. 

Thank you for reading Stage Lights, it means the world to me <3