the club

"Luna, are you ready?" Harry shouted from the room.

I stood in the bathroom staring at myself in the mirror. My eyes smoked with dark black makeup, my hair slicked back, my dress tight and sparkly. I looked different and I liked it. I was going to answer before I found him standing tall on the doorframe. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans, wearing a smile on his lips looking at me, his hair curly and brushed back.

"Ready to party, Styles?"

"You're underestimating me, love."

I shoved my hand on my makeup bag and pulled out a small metal box. I spilled the white powder on the marble countertop and pulled my credit card from the back of my phone case, arranging it on a line. It burned my nose at first and, as I let my head fall back, I felt a cold hand on my arm and for a second forgot I wasn't alone. Harry's green eyes stared at me as I brushed my hand lightly on my nose.

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

"Are you going to be okay?"

"You're underestimating me, love." I repeated making him laugh, and kissed his lips as he pulled me up from the ground and carried me to the room.

"What if we skip all the partying and I keep you all to myself?" He whispered against my neck sending an electric vibration through all my body.

"I would love that, H. But..." He put me down again. With my heels hitting the carpet, I stood up almost as tall as him. "You'll have me to yourself later."

"For how long though, Luna? For how long do I have you before you shut me down again?"

"You know I have to go back to Cali tomorrow."

"I know."

Harry turned around and left me standing there. I watched as he grabbed his phone from the bedside table and shove his wallet on his back pocket.

"Harry—" He kept going around gathering things. "Harry." He stopped on his tracks to face me. "If every time we see each other this happens, then we can't see each other anymore."

"What are you saying?"

"We said we'd be over after Spain but here we are, in Vegas. I'm here, with you. But your life is chaotic and I'm complicated. Why can't this be fun? Why can't you just be happy when I'm here?"

"Because I don't want you to leave, Luna. I hate not knowing when I'm seeing you again. If I'm seeing you again."

I took a few steps to reach him. I ran my hand on his shoulder, down to his chest and around to his back as I wrapped my arm around him. My lips leaving a kiss on his jaw.

"You see me again. I promise." I said almost as a whisper.

"Luna-"

"I want to see you again. This time it's me. I'm saying it." A smile opened on his face. "Now, please, let's enjoy our first and last night in Vegas. Please."

********

Harry

I was getting what I asked for that night. She was showing me herself, how she was really. That was the first time I went out with Luna like that, it felt way less private than the bar we met at in New York City, maybe because it was bigger, with a lot more people around. But still, it felt like it was the first time all her barriers and walls were put down.

Maybe it was because she was high, maybe it was because she wanted me to enjoy our last night together, or maybe I was just going crazy. But it felt light, we felt different, and I was hopeful.

Luna and I were completely different people, and that's what attracted me the most. I wanted to figure her out and put the pieces together. I think I'll finally be able to, I feel like this night was one more step into her letting me in.

I wonder if she knew all those things were in my mind as she moved across the room, the red might flashing against her pale skin. A song I didn't know was playing and everyone was dancing around me whilst I leaned on the bar taking the last sips of a gin and tonic.

Luna fixed her dress and grinned at me as she reached me. "Dance with me."

"I don't want to catch people's attention."

She took the almost empty glass and placed it on the countertop. "Don't think too high of yourself, Styles."

"Oh I'm not. I'm a shitty dancer. The worst actually."

Her hands slipped on my waist, her finger grabbing the belt loop of my jeans. She placed a kiss on my neck making my whole body shiver and my pants feel tighter. I wrapped my arm around her small body and let my hands rest on the low of her back, keeping her close for a second.

"Don't make me ask twice, rockstar."

Luna pressed her lips on mine. I had to take a long shaky breath to calm myself down. She had me going crazy, I had no control over my own body. When she pulled away from me she knew what she was doing, she was fully aware my whole body was trembling and my heart beating heavily against my ribcage. I let her drag me in between people and into the dance floor.

First she held my hand lightly, moving her body still staring at me. I shook my head and she laughed. I wasn't drunk enough for that.

Then she span around and her back crashed against my chest. My hands involuntarily made their way to her hips whilst she moved on me. Her head fell back, resting on my shoulder, I heard her laugh close to my ear.

"You're crazy." I said.

"I know." She moved again, laced her arm around my neck for a second. "This dress, H... I can't wait for you to take it off."