the killers

I was sitting on top of a black box on the side of the stage, my legs handing and moving with the beat of the song, and Tim was next to me. He was a big concert planner in Los Angeles, worked with big bands, small bands, and basically knew everyone in the field even though he was only about 25 years old. We met at one of Will's parties when I had just turned 18 and he was just starting in the field, we weren't really friends but we were always together at events in the music industry, and he usually was the one to get me passes to get in. Tim introduced me to everyone I know around.

"Want white?"

I looked up at him. Tim was good looking, he was tall, dark hair that hit down to his shoulders. I shook my head making him raise an eyebrow.

"Luna Davis denying drugs?" He laughed. "What happened to you?"

"I have a shoot in the morning."

"Are you gonna use your model status to get the boys now? Is that how you got the Styles kid?" He laughed and I just shook it off.

I was back for two weeks now. I had taken the time to hang out with Amy: we went shopping, we went to brunch, we had dinner with my parents, we went to the movies, we went to Malibu; and I hadn't talked to Harry since I left Spain, he also never tried to contact me. As promised, he left me alone.

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all.

On the stage in front of me, the lead singer wasn't quite as good looking as Harry. His hair was really short on the sides and much longer on top, his grip on the microphone was strong making the two girls on the other side of Tim melt down.

It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss.

The two girls moved and sang the song. They were dressed nicely: skin tight jeans, heels, a small top, perfect makeup and hair; but both Tim and I knew who was going home with Brandon Flowers, the 36 year old man that ran around the stage making the crowd go wild.

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag.
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, let me go.

The Killers were a band that I remember listening for forever, and I had never met them or seen them live before, but there I was, the lights shinning bright, the drum beating loud making my chest vibrate, that was my favorite feeling in the world.

********

The Lure. The nightclub where it all happened in Hollywood, all afterparties, all private clubbing. That was my first time there, I was finally legal to go in and Tim took the opportunity to drag me with him, the other girls and all of the band and their friends. It was loud, the lights were purple and big spheres hanging on the ceiling. The DJ played a loud song and we crowded the reserved area.

I didn't quite enjoy being there. Usually partying was my thing, but that club scene made me socially awkward and made me feel lonely. Everyone drinking, screaming, doing drugs; even Tim was confused why I wasn't joining in, but instead I watched from afar.

A pair of dark eyes stared at me from the crowded area, the bored onto me as I sipped on my champagne. I smiled lightly, he was surrounded by girls, tall ones, skinny ones, prettier than me, but he smiled back before I turned around.

"I'm gonna leave." I shouted in Tim's direction.

"Already?"

"Yeah, I have to be up early." I don't think he understood what I said through the heavy air and loud music, and he also didn't seem to care.

"Want me to get you a car?"

"No, I'm alright."

I placed my long champagne glass on Tim's hand before starting my way out, pushing people out of the way and getting shoved back and forth until reaching the exit door. It was as hot outside as it was in the club, it was also full of people on the sidewalks, security, drunk groups trying to get in.

"Do you need a taxi cab?" A tall security guard asked.

"She's good." I turned around to find the tall man that I saw singing on stage in front of me. His leather jacket was shinny and his hair gelled back perfectly. "Leaving already?"

"I was kind of bored."

"You should've told me, I could've entertained you."

"Not your job."

"I'm the lead singer in a band, it kind of is." He giggled. "I don't think we weren't properly introduced tonight. I'm Brandon."

"Luna." He shook my head briefly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Luna." He smiled, perfect lined white teeth.

I didn't know what to say or do, my body was frozen like I had never done this before, like my brain was telling me to not do it, I wasn't going to like it, I wasn't going to enjoy it. I wasn't drunk, I wasn't high and all I could think of was Harry. I hadn't seen him nor heard from him, and being there with Brandon in front of me made me wish it was Harry.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" I asked, he raised his eyebrow.

*********

Do you guys miss Harry already? Do you think he's coming back soon?
I hate writing chapters without him, I feel like I'm dragging and that it's boring but I have to. Ugh.
What do you think Luna's doing?
Let me know your thoughts on the comments!
Thanks for reading. Love u guys x