the hollywood hills house

The last song was coming to an end. The lights were shinning on Harry as he stood in the middle of the stage with a guitar and a microphone. Amy sang along next to me, and when the song was over she looked at me with a big smile across her face. Genuine happiness, it was crazy to me that Harry could bring my best friend to that state, and also everyone else that sang their hearts out all over the Greek Theater. I guess I never experienced true genuine happiness.

It was eating me inside. Why wasn't I happy? What was wrong with me? Why didn't I deserve good things?

"Are you okay?"

The lights were back on and everyone started to leave their seats.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

I felt my phone buzz on my back pocket. H.S. read on the screen followed by small letters.

Made up your mind yet?

My heart was on my throat and my palms were sweaty. I didn't want to think about it, and I didn't want to go with him, but I wanted to feel something and I did whenever I was with him, a little rush and adrenaline, maybe not happiness but it could be enough at least for tonight.

"Do you think it's okay if you grab the uber by yourself?"

"Sure. Why? Is Luke Hemings here again?" Amy laughed.

"I think I might hang out with Harry for a bit."

"Are you serious?!" I nodded and she smiled big.

"It's no big deal, I won't be late."

***********

Harry

The car door opened and I saw her: blonde hair messy falling in front of her shoulders, white t-shirt full of holes, little makeup. Luna bit her lips as she slid her body on the leather seat and joined me on the backseat of the car.

"Thanks, Jeff." I said and waved before he shut the door.

She made me nervous. The way her green eyes stared at me and glanced away when I caught them, she was intimidating.

"I told Amy I won't be home late, so we have about an hour and a half." She said determined.

"What if I changed your mind?"

"I'm not spending the night, Styles."

"Why not?" She laughed and shook her head.

"Camille looked pretty tonight. Does she know I'm going home with you?"

"Her and I are not together, Luna."

She shrugged and crossed her arms. It was now dark in the car and I couldn't tell if she was staring at me, I just felt her hand touch my knee.

"Jeff was actually really nice. I was afraid he hated me."

"Why would he hate you?"

"Because of the pictures. I was worried if they'd blow out of proportion you'd be in trouble. I even went to Will to see if he knew anything."

"Why didn't you text me?"

"We promised we wouldn't talk, remember?"

"And that's what you wanted."

"I know."

We were in comfortable silence for a while, her hand on my hand and our fingers lacing each other, playing, making her laugh once in a while. It felt nice having her for a while, knowing I had a chance.

Luna

I was hesitant getting off the car until his hand touched mine. I tried to tell myself it's fine, that I've done this multiple times before, but it just felt different with Harry. He was now in jeans and a black t-shirt, I had never seen Harry in a different pair of jeans other than his black ones, but these were light wash and trendy.

"I like that suit of yours, with the flowers."

"Thanks, that one is my favorite." He said as he opened the door.

"So I guess you have many of those."

"Quite a few."

Harry's living room was open, bright furniture with a big window and a balcony that was followed up by the most beautiful view of Los Angeles that I had ever seen. It was clean, too clean, and there were no traces of him in the room.

"This is really nice."

"I haven't been here in ages." He threw his bag on the beige couch. "Or at least feels like it."

"Does this feel like home to you?" My question seemed to catch him unprepared, he opened his lips but hesitated before answering.

"I haven't felt at home in a long time."

"I guess that makes the two of us."

"I'm just as fucked up as you are, Luna Davis."

I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed his lips on my tippy toes. The room felt cold around us, the city felt cold around us, but we were burning.

"Thank you for coming tonight. You were the last person I expected to see."

"No problem, Styles." I let go of him, his green eyes running in between mine. "So what are you planning on doing with me since now you have about an hour and fifteen minutes?"

"I don't know. Are you hungry?"

"That's not what I, personally, had in mind."

"I can made a pretty good grilled cheese." He opened up a smile before starting to make his way across the living room.

His kitchen wasn't too big, the dining table had a round glass top with green apples on the center. I sat on the cold marble countertop and watched him pull out a wine bottle from one of the cabinets, he poured the white wine on two large glasses and walked back my way, handing me one.

"Grilled cheese and wine. Classy."

"Wait till you try it though, don't judge a book by its cover." I drank all the wine in one gulp as he talked.

"I know of a way better thing we can try."

"And what's that?"

I pulled Harry close by his white t-shirt, his body fit in between my legs and our lips found each other easily. I let my fingers make their way to his neck and mess with his hair. I had missed his lips more than I'd like to admit it.

"This is much better than grilled cheese."