the fans

We walked down the street of Mallorca, the bright streets with the sunshine, they were so narrow that cars barely made through them. Nick joked on my left and Harry laughed on my right, and it was perfect. Life, I mean. I smiled and I was happy, I didn't know what or why, or how, but I was. Halfway around the world with a guy I barely knew felt so right it scared me, it felt more right than anything I had done in life.

I looked at Harry from behind my sunglasses. His hair was messy, his t-shirt left all the tattoos on his arms on show, his lips open on a perfect smile. I felt his hand touching mine and my fingers made their way around his, wrapping them together easily. I felt important, like I mattered and, although Paul had tried to make me feel this way he never succeeded, but Harry... He wasn't even trying.

"What?" He asked, giggling.

"Nothing. It's just... I'm gonna miss you."

"You don't have to miss me if you keep me around."

"I can't." He nodded. "We've talked about this, Harry."

"I know, I was just checking in case you changed your mind."

Any girl in the right state of mind would jump on the chance of having Harry Styles around, but I was not a regular girl and I was definitely not in the right state of mind. I was in Spain and things were different for a couple days, I enjoyed it and I was going to take advantage of that before I left and things went back to the way they were. I glanced over at Harry again, the sun hit his chestnut locks and his skin was tan.

"Where's the model girl?"

"I don't know. Where's the skinny looking guy?"

"Jack?"

"Is that his name?" Harry raised an eyebrow. "That's an ugly name." I laughed. "You're way too good for him."

"Well, it doesn't matter, I'm never seeing him again."

"You're never seeing me again either."

"I'll probably see you when you're around Will."

"That's not what I meant." He said. "But I'm not complaining though, if I got my heart broken I'd have to write a song about you."

"So I'd break your heart, huh?"

"Most likely."

"So Kiwi 2.0?" Harry laughed.

"Now thinking about it, I think the fans would quite like that."

I wish I could tell what he was thinking, but he had a smirk on his lips and his eyes were covered by black Saint Laurent sunglasses. I just wished Harry would keep his promise: this was the last time he'd contact me and this was the last time we'd be together. It was just curious to think that Harry had an idea of him getting his heart broken, I was the one with the guard up most of the time, scared of ever getting hurt, but Harry could see right through me; I'd chew his heart up.

"Not that I was listening to this quite disturbing and confusing conversation of you two." Nick spoke up. "But talking about fans... I think we've got a situation."

For the first time I broke my state from Harry and him from me, I could feel his green eyes looking at my face as we spoke, almost making me blush, but now we both looked at the street we were walking in, down the hill through the brick houses, the sky was bright blue and so was the ocean ahead, but what was concerning wasn't the breathtaking view, but a group of teenagers that crowded on a corner. There were almost twenty of them, looking at us with their phones snapping pictures at every step we took. I let go of Harry's hand quickly, I missed the warm feel of his palm on mine.

"What are you gonna do?" Nick asked, our pace became slower almost as if we were procrastinating getting there.

"I'm gonna say hi, maybe wave." He took a deep breath. "Jeff is gonna kill me." Both guys glanced over at me, and that's when I realized I was the problem. It wasn't Harry getting spotted, or fangirls asking for pictures; it was me being with him as that happened.

"They're gonna find out about me."

"They've found out about you for quite awhile now, love."

"It's just..." Harry ran his fingers through his hair. "Jeff just wanted to let the pictures of you die down and people would stop talking, but now there are gonna be more and these are gonna be a bigger thing."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, just... Keep walking with Nick."

That's what I did. All three of us walked down until we reached the group of girls. I tried to ignore it, looking down at my feet, and they started to shout Harry's name.

"Hi, how are you guys doing?" Harry's voice was husky next to me.

A girl asked for a hug, and when I looked over he was gone from my side, giving hugs and taking quick pictures. It didn't take long for his hand to find my lower back, he fixed his hair one more time as we continued to walk.

"They're following us. I can feel it." I looked up at him, his forehead wrinkled. "I'm sorry, Luna. I didn't know this would happen."

"Hey." He looked down at me. "I leave tomorrow night. Don't let it ruin this." His lips opened on a large smile.

"I wish I could kiss you right now."

"I wish you could kiss me too."

I woke you're enjoying my story. I have another story in the making and just now started publishing it. If you want to check it out, it's called She and here's the link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/130645921-she-h-s