the text

My head was pounding from the lack of sleep the past night. Not only because the hungover woke me up quite early, searching the nightstand for my water bottle, but because Harry kept popping up in my head, whether I was awake or not, he was still there.

I frowned as Amy held up a lace black dress across the store, the sleeves were weird. She rolled her eyes and went back looking around the racks. Zara was full of new summer collection and, although it was one of Amy and I's favorite stores, I wasn't the biggest fan of summer clothing.

"So you were staying with this Jack guy?" She asked, looking at a baby pink cardigan.

"Just for two days. We just had sex."

I didn't look at the face she was making, but I knew she was frowning and rolling her eyes again. I touched a soft sheet material top, black with white stars on it. I pulled a hanger out and examined it before putting it back. Jack was gone from New York and Amy had flew in for the weekend.

"Harry was here in New York too."

"Who?" I asked even though I knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Harry Styles." Her eyes sparkled just by saying his name, her face lit up. I, in other hand, could feel my stomach tie into a knot. "He went to the concert you went to, I saw pictures online. You didn't see him?"

"No, I don't think so." I lied.

"People aren't very pleased with his new girlfriend, apparently she's kind of problematic."

"Aren't we all?" She shrugged.

I didn't want to tell Amy about Harry, I didn't want to talk about it and I didn't want her to make big deal out of it, but somehow my body was filled with guilt. Lying to your best friend is wrong, a voice in my head told me. I've done many wrong things in my life, but I always kept it right with Amy, or somehow tried.

"I did see Harry." I sighed as the words left my mouth and the memory of running into him a week ago.

"What?" Her eyes opened wide.

"At the concert. I saw him there with the girl. He told me she isn't his girlfriend."

"Wait, he- you talked to Harry Styles at a concert in New York last week?" I nodded and she brutally put a hanger down on the rack, making a loud noise. "What- how?!"

"He walked up to me and said hi."

"You need to give me details!"

"Well, he..." I was interrupted by a buzz coming from my bag. "It was nothing much, he..." My phone buzzed again.

I shoved my hand on my small cross-body bag and pulled it out, felling my heart drop as I looked at the screen. I felt my anxiety level rise along with my heart palpitations and the feeling of sickness, suddenly the avocado toast I had for breakfast was making its way back up. Harry Styles. There it was, that weird feeling on my stomach, a feeling you get when you know you're in a big problem, in danger, your body telling you no. No, no, no.

Unknown number: Hopefully you're still in NY, drinks tonight?

Unknown number: It's Harry, in case you're wondering.

A week had passed and he didn't text me, I wasn't expecting him to. I would be lying if I said a part of me wish he did, I felt anxious the following days half hoping and half not that my phone would buzz and it'd be him. Now that it did, I realized I should've just completely hoped it didn't.

"Luna, what's wrong?"

"He just texted me."

"Your dad?"