the kiss on the tree

Before we left to go back to London there was one more place Harry wanted to take me. After we ate pie and bread, and a few profiteroles at the bakery, Harry said his farewells to the ladies he used to work with and we walked hand in hand back to the car. He was telling me stories about how he got the job and how he was the only boy working with a bunch of elderly ladies and he did for a year or so everyday after school.

In the car we listened to a Pink Floyd song until he pulled over on a empty street, with only a couple houses and a lot of trees on the side. Harry's hand found mine again when we met around the car.

"I haven't been here in years." He said walking down a trail. "Feels weird." I looked up at him, the sun peaking through the trees making his eye shine in a beautiful shade of green. "Like it never changed, but I changed so much."

"Do you miss it?"

"I do, but I really can't picture myself here, or doing anything else but playing music for that matter."

"Your sister said you wanted to be a lawyer."

"Don't think that would've worked out well to be honest." He giggled.

Harry and I walked for a few minutes, I enjoyed the birds singing and the leaves on the floor. I had never been to a place like that. The end of the trail took us to a breathtaking lawn, it was so green it made my eyes burn, in the back arches and more trees.

"Are those cows?"

"Yeah, they won't do anything if you don't mess with them. But trust me, don't mess with them." Harry said. "C'mon."

He let go of my hand and started running across the lawn. It took me a few minutes to take everything in. The warm weather, the view, Harry. The grass was to vast it faded to the horizon and it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Harry was far away when he slowed down and turned around to me, he opened his arms. "C'mon!"

He stood there as I ran in his direction. There was no wind but my hair blew around the warm air as my feet moved fest to meet him. All I could think about was that I was happy. I had finally found happiness, the pure and most amazing kind. I was free and overjoyed, and I knew it was thanks to him. I was sober and it was real. I smiled without realizing I was doing so, I felt adrenaline and a rush just seeing his lips curve up back at me.

I wondered what Amy would think if she saw me. She would be happy too. I wondered what Paul would think if he saw me. He would be proud. I wondered what my parents would think if they saw me. They would definitely be shocked and surprised.

When I finally reached Harry I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips with his. He stumbled back and took a few seconds to take in before gripping my waist. I pecked his lips a few times before pulling away.

"What was that for?"

"Just a thank you."

"For warning you to not mess with the cows?"

"For everything."

His eyes softened running through mine. "You don't have to thank me for anything, Luna."

"I know I don't, but I just want you to know."

"Okay."

His hand squeezed my waist one more time before searching for my own and lacing our fingers together. "So what is this place?"

"It's a viaduct. It goes from Birmingham to Manchester." He said as we walked side by side. "I used to come here after class sometimes, we'd play catch, sometimes get drunk, smoke weed, chase cheeps." Harry looked down at me as he talked, almost towering over me. His mess of a hair still the epitome of perfection even though he didn't take a second of the day to style it, his eyes now free of sunglasses squeezed together from the sun that hit us in the middle of the field.

"That sounds like a lovely afternoon for teenage Harry."

"Yep, pretty wild." He chuckled. "Look. Here's my name." We stood under the arch in the shade now. He pointed to the brick wall walking closer to it. Harry, it read in almost faded out black marker. He pulled a sharpie from his back pocket and wrote over it. "Can't let the memories fade yeah?" I smiled. "Want to write yours? Leave your mark?"

I took a few steps closer and grabbed the pen from his hand. Luna, I wrote. "Perfect."

Harry held me close to his body as we kept walking across the field until we reached a canal. We followed it through the trees and to a small bridge. He stopped abruptly and laughed. "This is where I had my first kiss." He pointed to a tree. "Do you see the engraved heart? It's still there."

"You had your first kiss in the middle of the woods?"

"Yep. It was pretty steamy if I may say so."

"Wanna show me?"

Harry raised an eyebrow and his tongue split his mouth to wet his lips. I let go of his hand and walked to the tree, spinning around to glance at him while I did so. He smirked at me shoving his hands on his pockets.

"Don't start what you can't finish, Luna Davis."

I reached the tree, touching the engraved heart before turning around to him. "Who said I can't finish?"

I watched Harry make his way to me. Gosh he was perfect. His white shirt thin enough so you can see the trace of the dark tattoos all over torso, he walked with a perfect posture and stepping slowly and carefully around the bushes, his dimple denting on his cheek. When he was close enough, his hands cupped my face and my hand involuntarily touched his flexed arm where tattoos covered his skin.

My body shivered when his lips met my lips and his tongue touching mine sent chills down my spine. He didn't wast time to travel his hands down my body, pushing me back as he did so until I collided to the tree. Then the kiss became even more lustful and passionate. Our months together in a sync that set my body on fire. He squeezed my thighs, pulling them up so I could wrap my legs around his hip, his center pressed to mine I could feel him growing and pulsating against me.

He brought his kisses down to my jaw and to my neck. I tilt my head back so he has all the skin he wants because it felt so right. After plopping a few kisses he lets out a sign, his breath on my neck giving me goosebumps. I unwrap my legs and let my feet touch the ground.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm going to miss you. We're finally good and I have to leave."

"I can send you pictures of my boobs so you can jack off to."

"It won't be the same. I'm gonna miss your skin and the chills you get when I kiss your neck, and the moans that slip out of your month." He scoff. "I'm going mad."

His hand traveled up my arm, the skin on my neck burned with his touch. His thumb brushed against my lips, I'm sure they looked red and plump from his. Harry's eyes looked extra green under the sun, the shine kissed his skin as he stared right into me. "I can't believe you're mine."