the borrowed sweatshirt

The London air was as muggy as I had remembered. It was cold with no breeze, but a comfortable cold that just made you curl underneath a blanket and watch tv series for days. The buildings were mostly dark and brick walled, everything had the same pattered of color, typical from old cities. 

Harry seemed like a complete different Harry. For some reason he seemed older than he was, with a pair of glasses resting on the bridge of his nose and a mess of hair above his head, a white t-shirt with "women are smarter" printed on his chest. This Harry didn't seem like he belonged in California, he looked so European, like we could spend the afternoon going through books in a big shop and then drink wine and eat cheese at night.

He was very excited to bring me around, even though he couldn't do touristy attractions like anybody else could. So he took me to his flat. It was nice and modern in a building that seemed brand new. It also looked untouched, none of his belongings were there, no clothes, no personal toiletries. 

"I haven't stayed here since i bought it. I like my other house better, we'll go there later. I just wanted to look at the view with you for a little bit." 

That's what we did, after showering and borrowing his cozy black sweater, I walked out into the balcony where I found him leaning on the railing, the sun was shinning on his silhouette. He was right, the view was pretty, London in the background, short buildings down to the horizon, but I had no interest on it.

"Is that my sweater?"

"Yours? Debatable. Don't you see I'm the one wearing it?"

"Looks better on you anyways." 

He wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me close, his hand playing with the sweatshirt material and his eyes, bright green under the light, taking in the breathtaking view ahead of us. But my eyes, probably looking blue under the light, didn't leave him. My lungs filling of his cologne, my eyes taking in the details from his neck up to his face that I never had time to memorize. 

"What's on your mind?"

"This city almost feels strange to me." He replied. 

"In a good way?"

"I'm not sure." His tongue glazed his upper lip for a second. "This used to be my home. I knew this city like the back of my hand. All my friends were here, my family, all my loved ones. Now it's just strange, you know?" He looked down at me, he knew I didn't know but I nodded anyways. "God, I don't even know why I keep my house here, I guess to not disappoint my mum."

"H, I'm sure your mom..."

"She would be disappointed, I know she would." He took a deep breath. "I never got to tell you how beautiful you looked. At the premiere." Harry took me by surprise, bringing up a moment we shared so long ago, it felt like forever. "I wanted to go up to you and tell you that."

"Thank you."

"You've had me on your feet for a while now, Luna Davis." 

I brought my hand to his face, cupping his sharp jaw feeling tiny little hairs that were growing on his chin. He leaned down voluntarily, pressing his lips on mine. I felt it all: my feet leaving the ground, the butterflies, my stomach looping, my heart beating, loosing my breath. 

"You know what sounds absolutely amazing right now?" I asked, his eyes closed he shook his head. "Fish and chips."