the job and the party

I was sitting on the floor in front of the white backdrop, the wind of the fan in front of me blew my hair out as I smiled happily to the camera in front of me. Flashes brightening the room.

All eyes were on me. It felt like a long time since I last did anything like this, not because I don't like it, I actually love having my makeup done and feeling like the most beautiful and glamorous girl in the world for a few hours, but ever since my mom started actually enjoying me modeling I started losing interest in doing so.

Renee stared at me with starry eyes from behind a computer next to Ryan and someone from Teen Vogue that I didn't know the name of. Teen. I haven't felt like a teen since I was fifteen years old, the year I "started to rebel" according to Amy. But according to Ryan, I had the face of a teen and that's why that was my fourth shoot for Teen Vogue.

"I think we've got it." The editor of the magazine spoke up, starring at the computer with her glasses sliding down her nose.

One last flash blew on my face before the photographer put the camera down. He smiled softly and gave me his hand, helping me up.

"Good job."

"Thanks." I whispered.

It took about another hour till we were ready to get out of there. I was now changed into my black jeans, boots and leather jacket, hoping the drizzle outside wouldn't mess up my perfectly waved hair. The elevator ride down the tall skyscraper from downtown was silent, I leaned on the mirrored wall and Renee and Ryan stood next to me without saying a word until we reached the lobby and walked out into the street.

"You did a good job, Luna." Ryan spoke up, I just shrugged, looking around the street for a taxi cab driving by. "I'll see you guys later."

"Perfect." My mother's voice made me roll my eyes. "Thank you, Ryan."

"It's no problem, just doing the job." They hugged and he lightly waved at me. "Bye." He turned on his heels and started making his away through the empty sidewalk.

"See? It wasn't that bad?" I nodded and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Whatever." I mumbled, turning away from her.

I just wanted to go away, her presence just felt suffocating. Whenever she was around it felt like two hundred pounds were put on my shoulders. Heavy and pressured.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you." The words left my lips too quickly. I glanced at her seeing the sad look on her face. "What? You were expecting a perfect mother- daughter night out in town?" The sarcasm was strong on my tone. She didn't answer or moved, just stood there running her blue eyes through me. "A party. I'm going to a party."

*********

Harry

I hadn't been to a party like this in a while. I was busy writing and recording the new album that I completely shut off my social life, but now I was back in LA and my phone wouldn't shut up until I agreed on it.

The room was full of people I didn't know but seemed to know me. A loud red haired girl I have seen before ran back and forth and spilled her drink in the floor. The only light in the room came from the kitchen and red flashes from the disco ball on the dirty center table. The loud music made my chest shake and I could be dancing if I only knew how to, if the house weren't too big the neighbors would've called the cops.

I felt warm lips press on my neck reminding me I weren't alone. The girl pulled away with a smirk on her bare face, her thin black her brushing on her shoulder, dark brown eyes starring back at me. She was gorgeous, a model, and maybe that's why people kept glancing over at us. Her lips turned into a frown and the smile faded when I didn't flash one back at her.

"You don't look happy." She said. "It's okay if you want to leave." She pulled away from my body and crossed her long skinny legs.

"It's alright." I brushed my finger on her bony knee. "I'm just gonna go use the loo."

I left a peck on her lips before getting off the beige couch. The smoke and smell in the room was starting to get me nauseous, I should be used to it by now and I even liked it sometimes but now it felt suffocating. Maybe I was just nervous and maybe I was expecting this to take my mind off work, but maybe I shouldn't use my ex to get me to stop wording about falling or getting boo'ed off the stage on my first Los Angeles solo show that was coming up.

I pushed the door open to the large bathroom. It smelled like weed just like the rest of the house and maybe I should just smoke something to finally calm my nerves. As I unbuttoned my jeans the door was shoved open, the loud music surrounded me again until the same door was shut closed.

"Oh. Sorry." Her voice was soft.

The girl's blond hair was messy and fell beautifully in front of her shoulders, her eyes were big and bright green, and the long sharp eyeliner made it look a bit intimidating. She wore a simple white t-shirt tucked in her mid rise black jeans, the holes on both knees made it look just like the one I wore. The girl in front of me was so different from the one I had waiting outside, two complete opposites. She licked her lips and smiled at me, looking away from my eyes and glancing at the mirror.

"It's alright." I responded.

"Do you mind? It'll only take a minute." Her eyes caught mine once again and I just shook my head not minding what she was talking about.

I buttoned my pants again and crossed my arms watching her move quickly. She spilled the whole powder from the smallest ziplock bag I've seen on top of the shinny counter, then from the back of her phone case she pulled a credit card and with that she arranged it in a white thin line. She shot her green eyes at me once again, so I glanced at the ceiling and,when I looked back at her she was pulling her body up and scuffing her nose.

"You alright, love?" I asked and she smiled once again before leaving the room quietly.