Original Edition: Chapter 2

"That is not something I can tell you,"

🌿🌿🌿

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS. What the hell was wrong with her? Putting her own daughter aka her only child to protect me? Was this some kind of a joke? I looked at everyone, expecting someone burst into laughter and admitted that they were just clowning but none had humor on their faces.

So many different emotions were laid out in the open. Determination shone on Brad's eyes whilst Joseph had something resemblance guilt on his. The Queen looked very proud of her daughter. The daughter herself looked like she could take down a whole army without breaking a sweat, she had that look that got you to believe she was badass in the fight and probably in life too. Pete was harder to read, I must admit. When he looked at Scarlet, there was affection in his eyes though when he turned his gaze to the Queen there was nothing but embarrassment there. And then there were none as if he pulled barrier to prevent any emotion from leaking out.

"Your Majesty, don't you think it's too much?" Watching her smile turn cold, I quickly added, "It's very generous of you, Your Highness, and I'm very well aware of how good your daughter is but I cannot help to feel burdened by it. Like you just said, someone shot me inside the Court, I don't want anything to happen to your daughter or I'll never forgive myself." Seemed like she bought my reasoning as I watched her smile turn warmer.

"Don't you worry, Lady Stavros, I've learned from the best," Scarlet Christoulakis offered me a smile that didn't reach her eyes like if you were only looking at her eyes you'd think she was actually pissed but tried hard not to show it? She flicked her eyes on Pete when she said the last word, making me think that was exactly what her relationship with Pete was. He was her mentor.

Queen Rhea looked at her daughter with affection and pride, she then put one hand on Scarlet's right shoulder and said, "You've got nothing to worry about. I believe in my daughter's ability, she won't be harmed." Scarlet turned and gave her mother a brilliant smile, one that actually reached her dark eyes, making them glint under the chandelier. "And don't you think you need a female bodyguard? I've heard reports regarding one of your bodyguards waiting for you inside the women's toilet."

That was Brad alright and I could see a faint red shown on his high cheekbones. "It's hard to find female bodyguards, Your Majesty." Pete's gaze hardened and I felt that the Queen might have just insulted his decision. What he'd said was true, I remembered that was only one female CG whilst the others were men. Maybe women weren't suitable for this job, well I wouldn't know. But the only other female CG aside from that woman that I knew of was my fake mother aka Maserati Lincoln. Her name still cracked me up it was like two car brands pooled into one name. There's a car brand named Lincoln under Ford, don't y'all know?

Her words were final, nothing else could be said once The Queen had put a hammer on a nail. It was best not to argue and just thank her for her benevolence, even though I knew that.