Original Edition: Chapter 14

IT DIDN'T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED I was born with two left feet

IT DIDN'T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED I was born with two left feet. Dancing wasn't my calling and I was so ready to give up if it wasn't for my best friend, Kris.

It's her wedding day, I have to make her happy on her special day even though I might have to sacrifice my legs for that. Might be worth it.

As I looked around the hall, my mind wandered elsewhere. A face I longed to see popped into my head. How I wished Vlad was here. I remembered how he used to teach Kris how to Waltz, I would've had a hell of a good time if he was here to teach me.

I let out a long sigh as I tried to remember how they'd done it in movies. I remember Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. One-two-three-one-two-shit! My left leg was on the way in front of my right one and I found myself tripping over my own foot. I was so damn sure I was going to hit the wall and karma finally slapped me in the face. I could practically imagine Nikki saying, 'payback's a bitch, bitch!'.

A pair of arms saved me from banging my nose on the marble floor and the possibility of getting a nose job. One hand was wrapped securely around my waist whilst the other on the back of my neck. I was wrapped in a warm embrace. I blinked twice. Was it Josh or Brad? But as I watched past the shoulder of my savior, I could see Brad and Josh were still staring at the door as I asked them to because there was no way I would let them see me practicing the Waltz for Kris' wedding. They would laugh until their stomach hurt watching how terrible of a dancer I am.

Once he made sure I could stand on my own two legs, he stepped back and dropped his hands. It turned out to be Adrian. His eyes watched me with so much intensity that I couldn't say or do anything.

She's so goddamn beautiful. [A]

I tried not to blush although I knew my face betrayed me the second I heard his thoughts. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter.

"Peeking under my hoody again, huh?" His eyes softened as he offered me a gentle smile. His hand reached up to catch a lock of my red hair that escaped the bun and put it behind my ear.

I dropped my gaze and cleared my throat. This is just Adrian, goddamnit! I scolded myself mentally.

Smiling back at him, I looked up and smiled. "What are you doing here? Aside from saving me tons of money for a nose job."

"Actually, I want to see how good of a dancer you are since Kris said you're a pro." My best friend, never said anything bad about me though I knew even the blinds could see how terrible I was by the amount of time I knocked on furniture. Adrian raised his brows as he continued, "Clearly that wasn't the case."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm the worst dancer ever."

"Uh-huh," Adrian pointed at Josh and Brad who were still facing the door. "Is that why you asked them to examine the door?"

I narrowed my eyes and gave him a stink eye. "Shut up, smartass!"

Adrian chuckled. "So, are you going to ask me?"

"Ask you what?" I walked to the side where I put my bottle of water on the floor.

I could feel Adrian was following me. And true enough, his voice showed how close he was as he said, "Ask for my help, of course."

I unscrewed the cap and took a long drought. That was refreshing. If Adrian wasn't around, and the two boys were outside, I would've taken my sweaty shirt off and worn a tank top and shorts instead. "I hate the pronoun game, buddy. So why don't you go ahead and enlighten me on why would I need your help."

"For the waltz," Adrian looked at me as if I was just asking the obvious. "I don't want you to strain your legs, or break your nose. Let me help. I'm good at the waltz." He gave me a cocky grin.

"Oh, really?" I raised one brow while wondering if he was saying the truth or just wanting to trick me.

Adrian shrugged as if it was no big deal. "One of the best." Sensing my reluctance, he took a step forward and grabbed my hand. "Montgomery, I've told you, I want to be friends with you." I was going to say something but he put one finger to my lips. "Friends help each other."

I supposed he was right. Giving him a thankful smile, I looked up until my eyes met his green eyes. "Okay."

* * * * * * *

I KISSED HIM SO HARD as if there was nothing in this whole world I wanted more than the taste of his lips against mine.

Being greedy, I grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head. His body went rigid once my fingertips touched his hard torso. "I love you, I love you so much." He kept whispering words as his hands and lips used their magic on me. Getting me on fire as I gasped for air.

His large hands grabbed my behind and squeezed them and I almost lose it. I was still fully clothed but I knew I wouldn't be for long.

His lips were on the crook of my neck, tasting the saltiness of my skin, biting and teasing that I was sure it would leave a mark. But tonight, I didn't give a damn. All I wanted was for him to fill me in and make me feel alive.

God, how much I love Vladimir!

His lips took mine once more in a hungry and rough kiss. It lasted so long that we both gasped for air when our lips finally apart.

Damn, that felt so damn good.

I smiled and I could feel him smiling against my cheek.

"You're one hell of a kisser, Montgomery!"

My body went perfectly still, I was so sure I could pass as a statue by how stiff and rigid I was right now.

One person. There was only one person who called me by that nickname.

I put my hands on his shoulders and forced him to pull away from me. I needed to see. I needed to know. I needed proof that my ears were just messing with me.

Sure enough, there he was standing right in front of me with our bodies crushed against each other.

Adrian.

His eyes were half opened. A goofy smile planted on his swollen lips.

I screamed so hard as I faced my own nightmare.

No. This is not happening! No!

I shut my eyes so tight and when I finally opened them again, there was no Adrian. I stared blankly at the ceiling of my chamber. It was just a nightmare. But my beating heart was proof that in my mind it was just as real.

I forced myself to sit up on the bed. The duvet fell into my lap and I got out of it. It was so hot and my body was sweating. Someone must've turned off the aircon. I stared ahead for several seconds before I realized I wasn't alone.

I mean, here in my chamber, I was alone but there was another voice inside my head. One that made my heart ache. He was the last person I wanted to hurt yet that was exactly what I just did tonight.

What the fuck is happening, Mila?!

It was him. It was Vlad.