Original Edition: Chapter 41

"Some thirsty girls might make some fake or duplicate keys!"

I GLANCED AT THEM ONE more time before striding my way towards Spyridon, who has awfully kept his mouth shut the whole time

I GLANCED AT THEM ONE more time before striding my way towards Spyridon, who has awfully kept his mouth shut the whole time. He hadn't said a word besides his comment about the Chiron. He had been observing everyone with those dark calculating eyes, listening to the story, and watching everyone's expression. I had to say, if he was going to play the head of CG again, I would totally approve. Not that my approval mattered but he truly embodied a CG in and out.

"Hey." I stood beside him on the other side of the room while Zeus, Hades, Persephone, and Queen Rhea were having a discussion across the room. "Spyridon." He didn't budge so I tried to recall his real name. What was it again? "Err, Dion?"

He turned and looked down at me from his lofty height, making me aware of how truly a midget I was. "Yes?"

"How's Vlad?"

Spyridon frowned. "Vlad?"

"Vladimir. My boyfriend." How could he not know that Vlad was the short version of Vladimir?

Still looking at me with confusion, he shook his head.

I groaned. "You know, dark-haired dude that we've been camping with. He's slightly taller than you, green-eyed. Geez, are you seriously going to make me describe him in detail? You've been spending time with him for three days."

"Oh, you mean Lord Ambrosia."

Shrugging my shoulders, I gave him a duh look. "Where's he? Is he hiding somewhere safe with Klas?"

Spyridon shook his head and said in an oddly flat voice, "I don't know."

I practically yelled as I put both hands on my waist. "What do you mean you don't know?" My eyes widened in fear, my heart thumping so loud as if I was doing a marathon. "Where is he?"

"I—I..."

I'd never seen a god stutter in front of me, in some other time, I would've laughed at the possibility. But right now, with Vladimir involved, I lifted my hands and gripped his shoulders tightly, shaking him so hard without care. "Where is he?! What do you mean you don't know? Did you leave him in the forest with the faction people around?!"

One hand fell on my shoulder and I slid my gaze to my left. "Avery, what's wrong?" asked my father, worried.

I was in so much rage that I couldn't form a word. Instead, I shook my head and slid my gaze back to Spyridon.