Original Edition: Chapter 45

"I take that as a challenge. I will definitely make you fall in love with me again."

a promise

"HOW?" VLAD AND I ASKED in unison.

Zeus, knowing that everyone was expecting him (and also because he was an asshole), cleared his throat and summoned his golden throne.

"Geez, Zeus!" I stifled a groan and failed miserably. "Do you really have to bring your golden chair everywhere?"

Adrian muttered under his breath, "if I am a King I would only sit on a golden chair as well." I gave him an eye roll.

"That's not just a golden chair," said Vlad with a smile.

Adrian's eyes widened in disbelief. "It's not?"

"It's one of the Thrones of Gods. They're all located on Mount Olympus. Each Olympian god God uses for sitting. Zeus and Hera's thrones were both at the far end of the council hall. Their thrones were also the only two that faced the doors." As Vlad was explaining, I continued to stare at him, trying to convince myself that this was not a goodbye.

I knew we were out of the original topic but I didn't care as long as I could hear his voice and watch his face a little bit longer.

"The legend said if you walk through the door, you'll be able to see Zeus' throne on your left and Hera's throne on your right," Vlad continued to explain. "All the male Olympian's thrones were all on the left facing the right and the female Olympian's thrones were all on the right facing the left."

Adrian lifted one quizzical brow. "Oh, dude, is it like the one in the Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief?""

"No." Vlad chuckled. "It's a bit different. You see, in the Percy Jackson's movie—"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. We all know that, nerd boy," said Zeus with an eye roll, looking annoyed now that Vlad had everyone's attention.

Vlad presses his lips together as his cheeks reddened. I glared at Zeus but he was too busy being an asshole to care.

Geez, sometimes he could be very narcissistic and ignorant. "I don't," I said defiantly.

"Me neither," my father chimed in. Being an outcast, he didn't have a throne in Mount Olympus. Hell, they didn't even consider him as one of the Olympian Gods.

"Fine." Zeus pouted. "Do you want to continue listening to nerdy boy talks about Thrones of Gods or listen to me explaining ways for him to meet his child?"

We all stayed quiet until Vlad broke the silence, answering him, "please do explain, Lord Zeus."

"King," Zeus corrected. "You should start calling me King." He slid his gaze to Adrian and added, "you as well, boy."

He cleared his throat dramatically and I refrained myself from rolling my eyes again.

"Well, since you're an immortal, your child will be half-immortal, just like Cassandrhea's children." He turned to her and asked, "what was the name of your last child?"

"Scarlet," I provided. I still didn't know how on Earth he could say that he loved her when he knew so little about her.

"Yes. Scarlet. Your child will be like Scarlet. And since you have the key, you can bring your child here to meet his father."

"But Scarlet," I paused and glanced at Queen Rhea. Was it okay for me to mention her daughter's death?

She offered me a small smile. "Half-immortal could die if the soul was detached from the body more than seven hours." Her smile faltered a little as she continued, "that time, at your funeral, there was chaos. Explosions, gunshots, bodies everywhere. It was more than seven hours later when we found her body."