Original Edition: Chapter 31

"Was it wrong to want to live?
Was it a crime to want to live?"

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what's going on?" I yelled at three people who continued to act like nothing had happened

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what's going on?" I yelled at three people who continued to act like nothing had happened. It took a while to get all three of them sitting around the campfire and not doing other things.

After the weird book flying, flipping on a certain page, and Greek letters showing up, no one dared to speak. They simply stared for one full minute then excused themselves the next minute, saying they needed to build the tent, searching for food, and check the perimeter.

Spyridon cleared his throat. "It's nothing of your concern, Lady Stavros." He dropped his gaze to the ground and added, "truly."

"Call me Avery," I decided to stick by the old name since I haven't got used to my new name. "And I decide whether it is my concern or not." I turned to Klas who sat on my left. "Well? Care to explain what happened?"

"Zeus and some other gods--" Klas paused as a small rock flew and hit him on the forehead.

I jerked my head towards Spyridon. "Did you just throw a rock at him?" I wasn't really asking since I knew there was no way Vlad was the one throwing. "Seriously?! Not cool, dude."

His reply was a mere shrug. I turned to Klas. "So, you were saying?"

Klas shook his head. "Spyridon was right. It's nothing of your concern, milady." Again, those annoying words.

"Fine." I crossed my legs and folded my arms. If they weren't going to tell me, I would simply ask Vlad later, when we were alone and they couldn't stop him.

Spyridon seemed to aware of my plan as he leaned towards Vlad, who was sitting on his left and said, "I trust you to be discreet, Lord Ambrosia. The last thing we need is a distraction."

Vlad nodded although, from the way his hands clasped and his jaw clenched, I could tell that he was not happy with the arrangement. Good. Because that means I could persuade him later.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful and by that, I meant boring. There wasn't so much I could do in the forest (without internet connection) besides killing mosquitos which I happened to do for the last five hours. It was both scary and amusing that no matter how many mosquitos I'd killed, the numbers didn't seem to decrease. Almost as if they had great reproduction system and were mass produced every five minutes.

A small tent that we'd found on the trunk of the car (apparently they prepared a tent but not ax or matches) could barely contain Vlad and me so Klas and Spyridon were guarding outside. They took turns every now and then, checking if we were okay and had everything we needed.

"Will you get mad if I say I want pizza?" I replied Spyridon as he plopped his head in between the zipper, about to ask us how we were doing.

Spyridon let out an exasperated sigh. "My apologies for the lack of options for dinner, Lady Stavros, but we're in the middle of a forest, so it's either roasted bird or rabbit."