Original Edition: Chapter 22

"And she asked you this every day?"

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?" I asked him in disbelief

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?" I asked him in disbelief. I've spent most of the time with Vlad, talking about what happened in the Underworld that I haven't caught up with what happened in the world. I kept forgetting that I'd gone for eleven months although it felt like days.

Adrian glanced at the clock on his wrist and grimaced. "I'd love to talk to you but I really have to meet the Queen before she chews my ass and spits it on the sidewalk." He looked around and then pointed at the small lounge in the lobby. "Go and wait for me there. I'll be out in ten minutes."

I gave him a brief nod. Adrian smiled before he walked towards the grand hall.

I moved towards the lounge and took a seat on the leather couch. Ten minutes passed and I started to regret not bringing my phone with me. I failed at being a teenager, I never bring my phone everywhere. Mostly because I usually forgot to charge it and it was useless to carry a dead phone around.

There were no magazines or a small fridge in the lounge. I groaned and stared at the ceiling, wishing I was smart enough to borrow Adrian's phone before he went inside. At least, I'd have something to do other than sitting and waiting.

"Camila Stavros."

I heard my name being called and looked around to find out who it was. My eyes landed on a blonde girl carrying a tray in her hands. I tried to recall who she was but before I could ask who she was, she said, "I'm Emily. I used to be your maid before—" She didn't finish her sentence and to be honest, she really didn't have to.

Everyone was surprised by the fact that I was brought back alive. And not by reincarnation, I was brought back to my original body with my memory still intact.

I looked at Emily and realized who she was. She was Vladimir's ex. "Yeah, a lot has happened. How're you?" I offered her a smile which wasn't returned.

"Like usual." She gave me a once over and narrowed her eyes as if she was thinking about something. I always had no clue when it came to this girl. I knew she didn't like the fact that I was dating her ex and also had a click with him, something she wished to have in the past when she turned eighteen. Emily cleared her throat. "Would you like something to drink?"

I wanted to decline. I've never felt comfortable with her serving me, mainly because of the look on her face that told me she didn't enjoy serving her duty, that it was forced. Yet I gave her a friendly smile. "That would be lovely. Thank you."

Emily curtsied and then walked away.

Five minutes later Adrian came out of the grand hall. There was an annoyance on his face. He moved to the couch across from mine and plopped down with a thud.

I stole a glance at him. "Are you okay?"

"This is ridiculous!" He threw his arms in the air out of frustration. "I really don't see any point of her asking me daily as if the answer would be different each day."