Original Edition: Chapter 40

"This was all because I fell in love with a human."

Lady Sienna Rose

Lady Sienna Rose

"H-HOW? I-I-I M-MEAN, W-WHAT?!" I struggled with words as I stared into those blue Christoulakis eyes, almost the same color as Zeus' piercing blues.

I remembered all my previous lives but none as Lady Sienna Rose yet the person standing in front of me said that I'd been her. There was no way it was true, right? Like, how could that be possible?

"No," I finally found the strength to say one word without stuttering. "I'm not."

"Honey, but you are." Queen Rhea giggled. "Are you telling me that I can't recognize my own sister?"

"But I can't be your sister. I can't be Lady Sienna Rose Stavros," I argued desperately. "I don't remember ever falling in love with him," I pointed at Zeus who was looking at Queen Rhea with so much admiration that he probably wouldn't know even if I used my middle finger. "And I remember all my previous lives. If I were your sister, I would've had some recollections."

"Plus, you're a true Christoulakis, Zeus' descendant. You have those blue Christoulakis eyes. I'm a Stavros."

When Zeus' descendants (Christoulakis) were born as Christoulakis, their eyes would reflect Zeus' baby blues. Just like Poseidon's descendant (Ambrosia) born as Ambrosia would have green eyes, and Hades' descendant (Stavros) born as Stavros would have dark-brown eyes. When a Christoulakis was born as an Ambrosia, their eye color would varied, maybe light brown or grey or any other color.

[* a/n: remember book 1? This was explained in Entwined.]

Queen Rhea smiled and turned to my father. "Lord Hades, if you may."

Hades nodded and in a blink of an eye, Queen Rhea's baby blues turned dark brown, almost as dark as Hades' and mine.

"These are all facades," explained Queen Rhea as she swept her hands motioning her outer look. "I was born as Stavros but my soulmate was a Christoulakis."

"Wait," I held up one hand. The whole thing was confusing and my brain was screaming in protest. "Does that mean you're Lady Sienna Stavros, the first Queen, the offering Zeus had fallen in love with? Or was it me since you just said that I'm Lady Sienna Rose Stavros?" I scratched the side of my head and nearly groaned. "This is so confusing."

Persephone sighed. "This would've been so much easier if someone didn't steal and destroy your memory on purpose." She glared at her father who quickly darted his eyes to observe the paintings on the wall.

"Do you remember your life as Isabelle?" asked Queen Rhea with the patience of a saint.

I answered her with a nod.

"You looked exactly like you are right now. Do you know why?"

I frowned, giving it a thought. If this was The Vampire Diaries, I would've easily said that I was a doppelgänger but my life was not a CW series so I decided to go with a lame answer, "coincidence?"