Original Edition: Chapter 15

February 14, 2018

February 14, 2018

THIS WAS IT. Finally, my eighteen years old best friend was going to be Isabella Swan in real life --except Diego wasn't hundred years old or a vampire, unlike Edward Cullen.

I watched my reflection in the mirror and nervously pulled the edge of my dress. I still felt that this dress was too short --it barely hit my mid-thigh. But being one of the bridesmaids I couldn't possibly complain to my best friend since it was her big day and this dress was her choice. Especially when Diego's mom, Jovana, who was also a bridesmaid, loved the dress so damn much she kept talking about how she couldn't wait to wear it. Believe me, I loved that my best friend and her future mother-in-law were best buddies and all, but it was kind of weird when Kris was eighteen and she was forty-four. Just saying.

I walked to the sofa and sat. My mind went to a few nights ago when I had that weird dream about Adrian and Vlad inside my head all the time, possibly witnessing all that. I told him it was a dream and despite everything else, he really loved me. Enough not to blame me. After all, even in that dream, I thought it was him and not Adrian. I would never betray him again. I've done it once and I knew how much it tore him apart.

Stop thinking about that, Mila. Wipe your tears and smile. It's Krissy's day. [v]

My hand went to my cheeks and I realized they were wet. Another proof he knows me better than I know myself. I'll be alright. Just drive safely, okay?

Always am. [v]

With that, he was gone as he turned his focus back on the road. I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath. Vlad was right, there was no use to dwell on what happened.

The room buzzed with excited chatter which immediately dispersed once the pianist played the wedding march. Everyone was standing there in anticipation. I smiled at Jovana before we both walked into the small chapel. To be honest, I didn't know there was a chapel here. But again, I should've been able to guess it. I mean, after they finally met their soulmates, some people might want to tie the knot right here right then. And there was no better place than the Royal Chapel, where the Queen would give you her blessing.

As Kristen and Mr. Ambrosia entered right behind us, I heard a few gasps and I couldn't help but smile. My best friend was indeed a beauty. Didn't matter if she was wearing pajamas or even the worst fashion possible, her beauty would shine through. With today being her big day, she was even more beautiful. She was wearing a long wedding gown which swept the floor as she walked down the aisle. Her face was bright as she had those glow that all women had on their faces on their wedding day.

I kept my focus on the front as I fought the urge to turn around and give Kris a thumbs-up. Diego was standing there. Looking at his grinning face, people could tell that he was totally smitten with the bride. He truly loved Kris. His eyes focused on her every move as if he couldn't believe she agreed on marrying him and that this was happening.

I knew I wasn't supposed to think of him like this but, boy, he looked hot in a tux. He looked hotter than Harvey Specter from Suits which I thought was impossible to top. Okay, stop thinking about him!

I shifted my gaze to his side and my breath hitched. I knew this sounded cliche but I thought there really were butterflies in my stomach as I gazed into the face I longed to see. Vlad. Yep, Diego was long forgotten. My boy, right there was hotter than anyone else in this chapel. As my eyes found him, I noticed that he has been watching me all along. He gave me a slow smile, one that made my heart skip a beat.

I ducked my head, knowing fully well that I was blushing like a tomato right now. When I looked up, I noticed someone standing next to him. Another best man --as if one wasn't enough. It was Adrian. As usual, he was wearing an expensive suit along with his devil may care smile. He too, I noticed, has been watching me. His smile turned into a grin once he noticed I was looking at him. His face showed no indication that he knew about my dream --which was good, or that I would act weird around him later on.

At last, the long walk down the aisle came to an end. Kristov Ambrosia kissed Kristen's hand before putting it on top of Diego's open hand. I had never seen Mr. Ambrosia cry before but I swore there were tears at the corner of his eyes. I had no idea how on earth Kris and Diego convinced him to give his blessing but I knew it must've been hard for him.

The priest went along with the usual speech and when he said "speak now or forever hold your peace," there was a silence --which was predictable, really, no one was against this matrimony after all. But suddenly an unknown man stood. I narrowed my eyes to see his face clearly and decided I had no idea who he was. Judging from Kris' and Diego's faces, they also had no clue.

Everyone was confused as to why he stood up and possibly ruined this ceremony. However, everything became clear when the man pulled out a gun and turned the whole chapel in chaos. I grabbed Jovana's hand since she was next to me. We both watched the man point his gun into all of us. I squeezed Jovana's hand so hard I was sure if she wasn't terrified she probably would've yelled at me.

It happened so fast. One second I was holding her hand, the next I was holding on to my dear life.

* * * * * * *

Please vote if you're liking this story and want more! XO :)

p.s. HeyItsJovana this one's for you <3