Original Edition: Chapter 36

"I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you about this since Hadie only told me because we have a no-secret policy."

Date with Hades

Date with Hades

THE SECOND I REALIZED I was sitting on a chair and not on the ground in the wood, I knew I was no longer in this world.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw a beautiful lady wearing a silver gown watching me with a worried look on her face. I recognized her instantly.

"Persephone." I swallowed a lump in my throat and forced myself to speak despite the hoarseness in my voice. "What happened?"

"Someone sent you here."

That was one short answer that could be interpreted as someone killing me and that was the reason why I was here or someone (possibly a god) brought me to the Underworld.

"Who?"

"Someone who took his mother from here, and made her a goddess." Persephone waved her hand and a glass of red wine came out of thin air then landed on the table (which I swore wasn't there before) in front of me. "Drink?" she offered.

The last thing I wanted was to get drunk so I shook my head and proceeded to ask her instead, "who sent me here?"

"One who also brought his wife back to life and made her immortal," she answered vaguely.

Seriously. Everyone should know by now that I was bad at history, especially the one about our kind.

"You should drink." She pushed the glass a little closer toward me.

Maybe if I drink this, she would tell me. I grabbed the glass and took a sip. Unlike the wine that I'd tasted before, this wine was incredibly sweet, even for a sweet tooth like me.

I placed the glass carefully on the table as the warmth spread from my throat, jaw, then all the way to my cheeks. If the light wasn't dimmed, she could probably see how red my face was right now. "Could you just spell the name for me instead of giving me hints?"

Persephone heavily sighed. For a split second, I could see her pout in annoyance. A rather childish movement that didn't suit her elegance and glamorous look. "He's my half-brother. The god of wine, vegetation, pleasure, festivity, madness, and frenzy," answered her, still not giving his name.

Her first sentence, however, caught my attention. "Wait." I held up one hand. "Did you just say that he's your half-brother?" I forced my exhausted brain to think. "Does that mean he's one of Zeus' sons?"