Being Perfect: Dream Sequence #1

I stood in the middle of a field of flowers, dressed in a white, flowing dress

I let my head fall back as the Sun warmed my face, letting out a long sigh.

And then there was a girl standing next to me. She was as pale as winter snow, light blonde hair flowing down her back. She was also dressed in white, her delicate fingers resting on my shoulder.

Even though I'd never met her before, I found comfort in her touch.

"Good morning, sunshine," she said. Her voice came out like a soft whisper. "How are you today?"

"I'm hungry," I said, locking eyes with her bright blue ones.

"No you're not, dear. You've just arrived. Take a walk around the field, stop to smell the flowers."

And so I did. But the longer I did so, the more intense the hunger pains became.

The blonde picked a flower, tucking it behind my ear. "There you are. How are you now?"

"I'm still hungry."

Her soft smile returned. "No you're not, dear. You're just bored. Have a lie down, take in the sunshine and the clouds. Relax."

And so I did, my eyes glancing up toward the clouds. This used to be my favorite pastime, alongside Emmett. We used to lie and look at the clouds together outside of my parents' office building to keep ourselves entertained.

"How do you feel now?" the blonde asked.

I laid my hand on my stomach, feeling the pains roll through. "I'm still hungry."

She produced a Spinach salad. "Maybe just a little something then."

I hungrily took a bite, letting out a soft moan.

"Not all of it now, Emily. Half."

I did as she instructed, my stomach growling as I finished off half of the salad.

"Are you feeling better?" she asked.

"A little bit."

"Of course you do," she said, in a soothing voice. "You've replenished your body with a healthy, natural lunch. Let that goodness seep through you. How do you feel?"

I smiled at her. "Much better."

"Of course it is. You're looking much better too."

I glanced down to see my tanned skin underneath the warming Sun.

"Why don't you read a book?"

I picked up the book I hadn't noticed resting beside me, letting the Sun continue to warm my face as I flipped through the first couple of chapters.