The Start (Chapter 3)

(Naruto's Apartment)

Naruto woke up at five am to eat a light breakfast. Soon, he got into some orange jumpsuit pants without the upper half and a plain black shirt. He got his blue shinobi sandals and took the books and scrolls he checked out yesterday. As he walked early in the morning, he thought of the best place to train. He, however, had to start with some laps around the village. He summoned some clones and instructed them to read the 10 taijutsu scrolls in a clearing next to a pond. Naruto reached the village walls at 5:55 am and decide to start immediately. 

(Hokage Tower)

Shizune had woken up in a good mood. Although they had not agreed to be one, Shizune was considering this day as a date with Naruto. As she walked through the halls, she noticed the door to the hokage office opened. She entered and immediately noticed Tsunade asleep. Sometimes she wondered if the hokage really did her job.

(Naruto)
Naruto had just finished running around Konoha and decide to start doing a combination of push ups, sit ups, and climbing. By the time he was done, the time was 7:28 and decide to continue his next part of the schedule as his clones poofed away from reading. Naruto decided it was best to improve his control for the first week or so. He created 500 clones and sent 100 to water walk, 200 to climb trees with their feet, 100 to make leaves stick onto them through chakra, and finally another 100 and himself to read and take notes about chakra, it's function, and it's affinities. Today was going to be a long day.

(Hinata)
Hinata was walking toward the apartment of one blonde man. She finally gotten the courage to ask Naruto out. She had stalk- I mean- watched him since he had saved her from bullies and only kept on being inspired by his ninja way. To never give up and always keep a promise. She had finally reached his apartment but noticed that he was not there thanks to her byakugen. She was worried. Where could he be. She had already checked hi other favorite places. She grew nervous and decide to go look for help.

(Naruto)
He had finished with ninjutsu and control after 10 am. He went a little over the time set and had a headache of the clones memories. He grabbed the scrolls on genjutsu and began reading. He knew this was going to be the hardest field to cover as he had no talent in performing it. He sighed and concentrated on the scroll.

(Shizune)
Shizune had been lucky enough to get the day free and decide to prepare for lunch. She had finally decided on a dark blue kimono. She fixed her hair and decided to meet Naruto at his training ground.

(Naruto)
He had spent the past two hours try to understand genjutsu and he could only do E-rank jutsu. He groaned and stood up. He checked the time and decide to leave to meet up with Shizune. He had left to his apartment and put on a black jacket, a red scarf, and orange pants.

(Shizune)

Shizune had just left to go look for Naruto and found the lights on in his apartment. She approached the door and knocked waiting for a response. "Give me a minute." Shizune waited and Naruto finally opened the door. She blushed as she had never seen Naruto in any other clothing other than his orange jumpsuit. "Well, what are we waiting for. Let's go." Naruto said with a smile. She nodded and started walking to Ickiraku Ramen stand. 

(Ichiraku Stand)

After 20 minutes, they had finally reached the stand. "Oh, hey Shizune. Wow, who is this handsome man as your date?" Ayame, the owner's daughter asked. Although Naruto was a regular customer, she could not recognize him due to the lack of the orange clothes. Naruto only chuckled. "I feel offended Ayame-nee-chan. After all, you should recognize your number one customer." He said. Ayame could only look in shock. The person who she had seen as a little brother looked like a handsome young man. Ayame blushed of embarrassment while Shizune giggled. Naruto decided it was time to order. He still had training to do. 

( One Hour Later) 

Naruto could honestly say that the hour with Shizune was one of the best moments he has had with anyone. "Well, we should start leaving." Shizune said. Both had a good time. Naruto had also left both girls shocked when he ate with manners instead of inhaling the ramen and when he had eaten less ramen than other times. Shizune was about to look at the check before Naruto took it and payed for both of them. Both teens said there goodbye to Ayame and walked together. "Well I got to leave and train, sorry." Naruto said. "It's okay. I'll just see you later." Naruto nodded and left. Shizune just walked home already planning the next "date".

(Naruto) 

By the time Naruto had reached his training ground, it was already 2:30. He sighed and created clones. 100 had been given the task to learn shurikenjutsu and practice it. Only 2 other clones and himself were working on kenjutsu. He pulled out the sword that he had gotten and started practicing. Kenjutsu would be the hardest art to learn.

(Three Hours Later)

After 3 hours, he had accomplished almost nothing. He sighed as he dispelled his clones, picked up his equipment, and left home. He mused as he thought how this was just the first day out of many. Oh well it just means he has to work harder.