Wave Mission Part 1 (Chapter 19)

(Wave Country)

It did not take the group too long to reach wave. Once there, the ninjas headed to the office of the person in charge. Soon they arrived at a building where a man sat on a chair. Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto, however, recognized the man. "Tazuna?" Naruto asked as the man turned around. "Oh, it's you again brat. Glad you ninjas could make it. You guys already know that the place has been attacked by bandits. I will  give the adults the information.  You guys will be staying in my house, so you guys know where you will be staying." Tazuna said as they nodded. Kakashi and Gai stayed in the office as the rest followed Naruto and Sakura toward Tazuna's house. Once they reached the house, they had greeted and introduced the whole  team. After waiting 20 minutes, Kakashi and Gai had returned to the group. "We  have decided that Sakura and Shizune will be staying near the village to help the  injured. Naruto will be protecting the north side, Neji will be in the south side, east side is Lee's, and finally Tenten will cover west side." Kakashi said . "My youthful rival and I will be switching from each area to see incoming enemies." Gai said as everyone nodded. Naruto knew that  they would be starting tomorrow and unsealed his  book as he looked at his two incomplete seals. He just needed to complete a certain part of a seal to complete his dimension seal. However, his barrier seal was completed faster but needed improvements. He took out a brush and ink and quickly worked on his seals. The group seemed to be uninterested or bored. Naruto sighed and closed his book. He needed a quieter place. He left the house without anyone watching as he ran toward an old location. It did not take long as Naruto reached a clearing where he had meet Haku. Naruto smiled slightly as he sat down and pulled out his notebook and started working in it. He knew that his barrier seal had a weakness to certain weapons and wanted to fix that. He sighed as he created 5 barrier seals and modified each one with different kanjis to see which one was the most efficient. 

(Tazuna's house) 

The rest of the ninjas were training outside as Tazuna was explaining the situation in dept to Kakashi and Gai. "One important detail is that they try to ambush people when they are alone. They are not regular bandits as some seem to have some experience as retired ninjas." Tazuna said as Kakashi nodded. "Kakashi-sensei, Naruto is missing." Sakura said as both Kakashi and Gai's eyes widened. "Gai, you go east, I will go west. Look for Naruto fast." Kakashi said as he nodded. 

(Naruto)

Naruto finished his seal as the seal with the extra kanjis of heaven and star. He chuckled as he sealed his notebook and hid his seal inside his sleeve. He started to walk back when he suddenly heard a very subtle noise of bushes moving. Naruto kept on walking but was aware of his surrounding as he knew someone was following him. "Brat, do you not sense the 3 enemies." The voice of the nine tailed fox said. "I can't just attack . They would just overwhelm me. No, I already created a genjutsu. What they are seeing is just an illusion of me walking 10 feet in front of me." Naruto said mentally as the fox chuckled. Suddenly, 3 enemies jumped onto the illusion as they seemed to stab Naruto at the same time. They were suddenly caught off guard when the illusion disappeared in smoke. They closest ninja to Naruto was quickly killed as he soon had a sword going through his heart. The other two ninjas looked shocked as their comrade died. The quickly recomposed as they ran toward Naruto with kunai on hand. One of them had lighting chakra channeled in their kunai while the other had wind on it. Naruto pulled out a kunai as he blocked the kunai with wind while he used the hand with the barrier seal to create half the boar sign and fast able to deflect the kunai with lightning. Naruto wasted no time as he quickly ended the barrier as he grabbed the man's hand with wind chakra and guided it to the other opponent as he cut off the enemies hand. Naruto used his kunai and slit the throat of the ninja with the wind affinity. Naruto dropped the body as he threw his kunai right into the last ninja's heart, killing all of his enemies. Naruto breathed heavily as he looked at his hand. The barrier seal seemed to have cut through his clothes but not his arm. "Naruto." a voice said as Naruto looked and saw Gai as he approached him. "I see you handled the situation. Let's go back. Kakashi must have returned by now." Gai said as Naruto nodded and quickly followed. 

(Tazuna's house)

Naruto and Gai had returned back as Kakashi looked at them and noticed Naruto's shredded sleeve. "So you were attacked?" Kakashi said as Shizune inspected his arm. "Yeah, no real damage, just my shirt." Naruto said as Shizune confirmed. "Great, I guess that we will be in groups the. Sakura and Shizune will be together during the mission. Lee and Tenten will be paired. Finally, Neji and Naruto will be together." Kakashi said as they all nodded and soon left to their rooms. "So, what happened to your sleeve." Neji asked as Naruto wrapped his arm with training bandages. "My barrier seal sliced my clothing but not my arm. I guess that I need to modify the seal again. However, I can use it to protect so I will place them on my arms." Naruto said as Neji nodded. "By the way, I'm close to finishing the seal you wanted." Naruto said as he smirked while Neji froze. "See you tomorrow." Naruto said as he walked into his room and fell onto the bed.