Mission Time Part 1 (Chapter 11)

(Naruto)

Naruto ran toward the hokage tower as he had received a message from and ANBU. As he entered the hokage office, he saw team 10 and team 7 along with Kiba. "Naruto, I have called you here for a mission. The fire Daimyo is hosting a ball but he is worried that his daughter will tried to be assassinated. The mission is for one of the guys to stay near the daimyo's daughter while the rest will be scouting the area." Tsunade said as Naruto nodded. "Very well, I will let you guys decide who will be near the girl. Now leave." Tsunade said as the ninjas left the room. "Ok team, meet us in the south gate in 30 minutes.." Kakashi said as they left to prepare. Naruto however, had left straight for the gate as he had everything he needed in the seals on his wrist. Naruto calmly sat down under a tree next to the gate as he waited for everyone to appear. After 20 minutes, Naruto saw Kakashi and Asuma as they waited for the others. However, they had not noticed Naruto who was hiding his chakra signature while watching. He saw as team 10 came while arguing with Kiba and finally Sakura and Sai had gotten to the gate while Sakura looked annoyed. "Well, it seems Naruto is late." Kakashi said as his eye showed disappointment.  Before anyone said anything, Naruto shouted while walking away. "Hurry up, we got a palace to get to." Naruto said as the other looked shocked and ran to catch up with him. 

(1 Day Later)

The group had finally reached the Fire Daimyo Palace. They had all been arguing for the exception of Kakashi, Asuma, and surprisingly Naruto too. Soon, they had meet with Fire Daimyo himself, who was surprised too see the bickering ninjas. "Well, I truly hope that you do not act like this during the ball." The Fire Daimyo said while everyone nodded. "Very well. I have arranged some rooms for you ninjas. If my daughter dies....Konoha can forget any more funding and support." The Fire Daimyo said as they all looked a little scared and nodded again. Soon, the ninjas had left to their own rooms. Naruto had entered his room and quickly put on new clothes. He put on his Kimono as he wanted to blend in. He had gotten the Kimono altered so that it had much more flexibility, storage, and weapon holder. 

He left the room as he climbed the building without being noticed

He left the room as he climbed the building without being noticed. He summoned clones as they split off and used Sage mode to identify the area and any secret passages. He entered through the roof as he fell into an empty hall and acted casually. He kept his eyes closed as he wanted to keep sage mode as hidden as possible while sensing around him. It had taken him 20 minutes, but he had been able to identify all the rooms and secrets of the palace with the help of the clones. He ended sage mode and sighed as he looked at his surrounding and saw the staircase. He calmly walked toward them as he checked his pockets when he accidentally bumped with a person. "Gomen, I was not looking." Naruto said as he helped the girl who he had bumped against and bowed. "It is alright. No harm done." The girl said with a small blush. "My name is Sayuri." The girl introduced herself. She had blonde hair in a hime haircut. She was wearing an elegant red kimono. 

"Naruto Uzumaki, representative of Konoha

"Naruto Uzumaki, representative of Konoha. I was invited to the ball by the daimyo himself." Naruto said as he bowed. "Oh, my father invited you. That is great. I am looking for a partner for the ball...so.....would you be my partner tonight.?" Sayuri said with a blush. "It would be a pleasure Sayuri-chan. Is there a place where I could meet you?" Naruto said while smiling warmly at her. She again blushed and nodded. "Yeah, my room is in the right , 3rd room." She said while Naruto nodded. "See you later, Sayuri-chan." Naruto said as he calmly walked away. 

(Later)

The konoha group was discussing the information of what to do while Kiba was arrogantly talking about getting to date the daimyo daughter. "So, how will you convince her to stay by your side?" Shikamaru asked Kiba as he suddenly stopped ranting and looked sad. "I don't know." Kiba said as everyone else sighed. "We are already in a disadvantage by not being able to stay near her." Kakashi said. "Well, I will be her partner for the dance, does that count?" Naruto asked as they all looked at him. "What?" Asuma asked, surprised. "Yeah, meet her earlier today. We talked for a bit and invited me to be her partner. I could be the one by her side for the mission." Naruto said as everyone looked hesitant but nodded nonetheless. "Well, let us go." Shikamaru said as they left. 

(Sayuri's room)

Sayuri  was brushing her hair as she waited for her partner. She could not wait to dance with him and maybe, her father would approve. She wore a an elegant blue kimono.

She suddenly heard a knock as she walked toward the door and blushed at the sight in front of her

She suddenly heard a knock as she walked toward the door and blushed at the sight in front of her. Naruto stood there without his headband as it somehow stayed up, as wild as ever. He wore a very dark blue kimono that had a fox running wild in a golden design. His sleeves each had a small fox on them while sitting down. "Hey, you ready Sayuri?" Naruto asked as he extended his hand toward her. "Yeah, let's go." Sayuri said as she reached for Naruto's hand. Naruto gently guided her as she blushed. Soon, both of them found themselves in the dance floor. Naruto soon was dragged as Sayuri ran toward her father with Naruto still being held. "Father, meet Naruto Uzumaki. " Sayuri said. The Fire Daimyo looked at Naruto who nodded. "Hello Uzumaki-san. I expect that you will treat my daughter well." He said as Naruto nodded. "Why of course. Such beautiful girl should be treated as a princess." Naruto said as Sayuri blushed. Naruto, however, knew that the night was just beginning.