Prologue

February 14, Valentine's day. Classes are suspended but there are programs within the school and everybody is required to participate. Whether to join the committee or just enjoy what the committee has to offer.

And there's a lot. Students gave a lot of effort and given up their time just to make it all possible.

Booths are gathered outside the cafeteria where there's enough space for everybody. There's dart games to win different kinds of stuffed toys, target shooting to win chocolates, dedication booth, flower and chocolate delivery booth, and marriage booth.

Sejeong was in charge of the marriage booth. They chase who's written on the tiny heart shaped notes and then force them to marry each other, giving them toy marriage rings.

It's not even that serious. But sometimes people write opposite people for fun, like pick a really popular girl and then write a weirdo just for a good laugh. People don't write their name and who they want to be partnered with. They think it's lame and they want it to be funny.

She took the next note and it was Bae Jinyoung and Pinky. The shy guy that doesn't know how to make friends and the miss popular. Great match.

Sejeong assumed that Jinyoung was on the library, probably sleeping his lonely ass in there.

Pinky might be practicing with the other cheerleaders.

"Who are we going to fetch?" her partner in this shift asked—Ha Sungwoon. He's handsome, perfect skin and bubbly personality. Almost every girl's fantasy, but he's too busy making all the girls happy that nobody wanted to take him seriously. Afraid to be just one of the girls that that he will treat special.

"Pinky and Bae Jinyoung." Sejeong told him.

"Ahhhh. That one will be hard to find." He sighed. "How about this, we give this a pass and skip this one?" Sungwoon suggested.

"Good idea." Sejeong said, then threw the heart shaped note on the trash, taking another one from this fishbowl of more notes. Nobody even pays attention on this one. They always take it as a joke every year. Maybe skipping one heart won't matter.

"Last chocolates on this batch. If you want to give someone a chocolate as an anonymous, you will have to wait another hour." Daehwi announced.

That caught Sejeong's attention. She needs to get that last chocolate right away. She can't just wait for another hour? There's a lot of people they need to keep chasing. This will be her chance to finally give this special someone a chocolate.

"Wait a minute. I need to do something." she told Sungwoon, then ran as fast as she can to Daehwi. The guy looks like he was never tired. He smiled and it's like he lifted all the burden of the world that you're carrying.

It's Valentines Day indeed and he's cupid.

"I'd like to take that last one please." she said before paying. Jihoon gave her a card where she can write her message for that person and it's her choice if she wanted to sign it or leave it anonymous.

"Thank you." Daehwi thanked her then attached the card to this box of different heart shaped chocolates.

"Running out of chocolate so early? People are really unpredictable this year." Sejeong told them.

"Apparently, people are getting more and more shy." Jihoon told her. "Well, I'd better deliver these." he said pointing at the chocolates inside a basket. How tiring? He will carry these around and deliver it to who knows where he might find them.

"Give mine to Niel, Ahn Daniel." she told him and Jihoon nodded and walked in such a rush.

30 minutes later

Daehwi and Jihoon are already taking another batch of rose and chocolate delivery.

Daehwi met Sejeong's eyes and smiled at her cheekily.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Sejeong asked him.

"Well, I was just surprised." he said still smiling. "When you said Niel, I assumed you were going for Ahn Daniel. The guy who won all the talent shows and had all the girls adoration. I didn't know you wanted the other one— Kang Daniel, the scary guy who won underground dance battles." Daehwi teased her.

Sejeong gave him a long stare with her mouth wide open. She was going for the guy who won the talent shows. She wanted to give chocolates to Ahn Daniel.

"Lee Daehwi, I was trying to give the chocolates to Ahn Daniel." she managed to say it after few deep breaths.

"Chill." Jihoon told her before letting her inside the booth to talk to her at the back.

Daehwi attended the customers. "Sorry about that. Here's the card, go ahead and write your messages." he gave the students lining up outside the booth.

"You gave it to the wrong Daniel! I said Ahn Daniel, not Kang Daniel." she said in panic.

Great, she's screwed. She signed her name instead of making it anonymous. She wanted to confess to Niel this year.

"First of all, you said Kang Daniel, secondly, why would you give chocolates on someone who only loves dancing? Are you ready to be one of those girls who are contented with one sided love?" Jihoon asked Sejeong, gesturing at the girls who keeps following Niel.

Oh Niel! The guy who helped her up at the library when books came falling directly on her head that knocked her down.

"Where's Kang Daniel?" She defended.

"Where else, he's at the third floor laboratory. Sleeping peacefully, or maybe eating your chocolates." Jihoon told her.

"No! He can't eat those!" she said in panic. Why would he give it to Kang Daniel? Her name was written on the card. Somebody might be messing with her.

"What made you think I was going to give chocolates to Kang Daniel?" she asked biting her lips almost crying.

"I forgot for a second who you wanted me to give it to. So, I asked Pinky to ask you. She said you wanted to give it to Kang Daniel." Jihoon confirmed, making him mentally slap his face. Of course Pinky would try to do something funny. Pinky never even ask her. She never talked to her today, not even on the normal days.

"I'm dead." Sejeong yelped in a quivering voice. "How can I explain to Kang Daniel that the chocolates are not for him?" she asked.

...

A/N: I'll be updating this slowly. I'll take it easy for now. The official Chapter 1 update will be on the first week of October. It won't be that long, for the mean time, I'd like to thank you guys in advance for adding this to your reading list.