Chapter 11 - Today

Sejeong ran towards the nurse's station to look for Minki. He was there checking charts. The time he noticed Sejeong, he knew what to do.

He hurried escorting her to the room.

He's in his room?

He's okay then?

Minki knocked the door.

"Come in." they heard Daniel's mother say. That's when Minki opened the door for Sejeong.

She came in with a smile on her face. "I'm here. Daniel I'm here." she said approaching the bed. The door was at the side so basically her view was, the bed was on side was, she can see Daniel's long legs still underneath the blanket. She really couldn't see his head because his mother sat on a chair on that part. In Sejeong's angle, it was blocked by Daniel's mother's figure.

"Daniel." she called but nobody answered. Suddenly she had a bad feeling about this. Sejeong swallowed and called again. She can hear her heartbeat louder than her voice.

Now Daniel's mother's cries were audible. Sejeong couldn't continue on. She fell on the floor without her knowing.

"I told them we'll wait for you before they can take him away." Daniel's mother spoke.

"No!" Sejeong cried. Now she can cry.

"He escaped again and went back to the mountain this morning. I asked nurse Minki to not tell you and Doyoung because you two might get worried while you're still in school." she told Sejeong in between sobs making Sejeong cry louder.

"He really loved Dancing you know. He wanted to change his world through dancing. When he was still little he would cry and tell me that kids in school tease him because of his looks." his mother started releasing all the burden she kept for being a mother of this boy.

"Kids say his eyes are too small, and his face was has a weird shape. He couldn't give his 100% at school because he's anticipating for dance class later. Teachers scold him." she continued while trying her hardest not to cry.

"I let him go. I let him dance, because for some reason, it was the only positive thing he ever talks about. In that one part of the day, he can be the best and number one. People adore him, kids wouldn't say shit about him. He was the teacher's favorite. I thought it would do him better." she cried once again.

Sejeong did as well.

"I never knew that tragic day would happen. It's my fault." she cried.

Sejeong stood up wobbling to hug Daniel's mother. "It wasn't. All you wanted was his happiness. The accident was not why you sent him to dance. It was his happiness. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Eomeoni. I wish I could take the pain away. I wish I could cry on my own. I wish I can suffer on my own. Take out all the blame on me. It was I who did this." she started talking about the past too.

"It was me who wanted that property. It is why that place was demolished. I should be the one to blame. Everything I do and everything I want turns into a disaster." Sejeong finished before sobbing painfully.

"It was an accident like what you said. It's not your fault Sejeong. Please forgive yourself." Daniel's mother said trying to calm her down.

Knock knock!

"I'm so sorry to disturb you but we need to take him now." the hospital staffs told them.

For the last time, Daniel's mother pulled the blanket down to see her son's face. Because this will be the last time.

Sejeong accidentally saw him too.

His used to be pale face was now greyish in color. His mole. That little mole rested down his left eye. It was him but there's something missing.