Chapter 3 - Fake Smiles

After last period, Sejeong glanced at Daniel who's still resting his head on his hand at the top of the table. But this time he was side ways, facing the window. He was reading the book and almost halfway through it.

Does this mean all he did was read and instead of listening to the lessons?

So Kang Daniel that everybody feared wasn't heartless after all. Like everybody else, he reads books for a class activity. There's something about him that screams danger, but a different kind of danger. The kind danger you want to be a part of.

"Sejeong!" Seongwoo called waving his hands outside the classroom. He's standing there waving like a child waving for an ice cream vendor.

"Yes?" she asked, walking towards him.

He scratched the back of his neck cutely then looked Sejeong in the eye. "If ever you're having a hard time with your partner, just tell me. I can talk to him for you." he said glancing at Daniel who seem to still be preoccupied with the book.

"Students say he's dangerous but he's just misunderstood. If you can't find a way to approach him, just tell me." He said before smiling at him with his signature closed lip smile that looks funny.

Sejeong glanced back at Daniel who's coughing again.

What's causing his caugh?

Does he have a disease or he just catch cold every morning on his way to school? It's possible.

That can happen, right? If you don't blow dry your hair and step out of the house, you will certainly catch cold.

But no, cough are already an infection on the lower respiratory system. Unless the person has asthma, then it's natural for a person to have dry cough.

His was different.

He's not secreting anything, it's not a dry cough either. And every time he coughs, he hold his chest or wrap his hands around himself. It looked painful.

Daniel finally stood up while coughing, rushing to take tissue paper on this tissue dispenser that he brought to school. He brought a dispenser of tissue as if he knew that he might need it.

Then the next thing Sejeong saw made her step away the door frame, with both hands on her mouth. She wanted to scream in horror. It was fresh reddish blood. What kind of disease does this person have?

Sejeong turned away and walked away when she bumped into someone.

It was Taeyong. Just another scary guy on campus. He glanced at Sejeong then scanned the hallways. "It's pretty wide, don't you think so?" he asked his friends. Sejeong was still on the floor.

This tall handsome guy sighed at Taeyong's overflowing asshole attitude before helping Sejeong up. He didn't even ask her to take his hand, he just held her hands pulling her up.

Their eyes met for a second then he pulled away, following his friend who walked away before he helped Sejeong up. It was Kim Doyoung, a silent type of guy. Intelligent but hangs out with the wrong crowd.

Taeyong's group is known to be the assholes of the campus. They're rude and all have this rare condition called 'prince syndrome', they think they own everything and everyone, including the teachers.

By saying the whole school fear them, it means even the faculty feared them.

She rushed home, hoping to avoid any more future embarrassment and envolvement with people.

As soon as she saw their door, she just couldn't to shower and sleep until morning. No more eating dinner, she'll just sleep after a bath.

She opened the door silently, carefully not making any noise. She can't really make a loud noise especially if Minki and her brother is sleeping. They're both nurses, sometimes they work late at night until dawn that morning is their only rest.