Chapter 2 - Soulmates

Few days later, Sejeong was afraid to go to school because of Pinky. She already missed school for three days. Maybe skipping school will save her from possible humiliation, specially now that Pinky knew that she gave Ahn Daniel some chocolates.

She shouldn't have skipped them. Pinky bought that slot and they didn't get married. It was childish but even her, she was upset when Ahn Daniel didn't receive the chocolates.

Pinky must've felt the same.

"Sejeong come prepare for school!" her brother Kim Jonghyun called her from the kitchen. He's the only family she's got right now. Sejeong's not close to him. He's the part of Sejeong's life that she's totally ashamed of.

Kim Jonghyun was dating this guy named Choi Minki. Yes! Another guy but based on how he dresses , he looks like a girl which was even more freaky to other people.

They get teased a lot, and it's the main reason why Sejeong hates her brother. Because if this gets out, she's going to be a freak for life.

"You really need to use an alarm clock." Jonghyun told his sister. While making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Sejeong's snack for school, just in case she doesn't like the lunch today. With Sejeong, nothing will go wrong with peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Sejeong noticed Minki's perfect face even after rolling out of bed. Okay, maybe he already washed his face right now, but nobody can look that perfect after waking up. She always admired his big 'doll-like-eyes. He's like a china doll.

Minki noticed Sejeong staring at him, that he almost choked on the milk he was drinking. He coughed, placing the half full glass of milk on the table and wiped his mouth with the paper towel before facing Sejeong. "Good morning Sejeong."

Jonghyun glanced at Minki then shifted his gaze towards Sejeong who doesn't seem to hear Minki's greetings. She stood there staring at Minki, like a rude person who would stare to another person, and look for something wron on their face. But in Sejeong's case, it was different. Every time she stares at Minki she never said a word.

Jonghyun was assuming she was mesmerized by Minki's perfection, because that's what Jonghyun see everytime he looks at Minki.

But time to snap out of it. Minki doesn't appreciate being stared at, he has issues with people and stares.

Jonghyun snapped his fingers, bringing Sejeong back to reality. "Tell me if you need an alarm clock. I'd be happy to buy you one." he said before grabbing Sejeong's backpack to put her lunchbox inside when he lifted something from Sejeong's bag.

Minki gasped and pointed at it. "Wasn't that my lucky bracelet that I was looking for?" he asked, making Sejeong stop pouring cereals on her bowl of milk. Her cheeks blushed in embarrassment.

"What is this all about Kim Sejeong? Why do you keep taking Ren's stuff?" Jonghyun asked. He calls Minki Ren. Because Ren is Japanese for Lotus. Everybody calls him that at work.

Sejeong went to the bathroom washed herself quickly, to avoid Jonghyun's question then ran to her room.

"I am so sorry about that?" Jonghyun told Minki before giving him his bracelet. That bracelet was precious to him. It was given by his grandmother. It looked antique and has a story, and it does. It's been passed on for generations and now Minki has it.

"Let me just talk to her." Jonghyun told him but Minki grabbed his hands, stopping him.

"No, please let me discuss this to her. You always talk to your sister harshly. She's depressed, she needs understanding and patience." Minki told him but Jonghyun thought otherwise, but let him take care of it.