Chapter 9 - First Snow

"Can you pull over and let me out of here?" Sejeong asked Doyoung.

"I want you to be honest with me! Is Danik dying?" he asked with a voice louder than before. Sejeong even shut her eyes close in fear. Doyoung wasn't the type of guy to hurt anyone though. He's just arrogant, reflecting his entire group.

"Why don't you ask him yourself? What makes you think I know about his condition?" Sejeong yelled at him with her eyes still closed.

She'd rather see darkness. It feels more comforting than being able to see the world around her still revolving when her life stopped. She didn't want to hear any noise or anything that connects to reality. She wanted to stay calm and see nothing, because that way, time would seem like it was paused for her to be able to catch up.

Was life that considerate?

No!

Life goes on.

"I think you're calling for me." she heard a whisper that sounded like Baekhyun. "You need enlightenment in your life right now. You need comfort and you know that to yourself. Just say yes and I can help you. I can make you forget about him as if you never knew him." Baekhyun whispered even though she's pretty sure that it was only Doyoung who's here.

"Sejeong, just fucking admit it! Danik talked to me just yesterday to give you this just in case something happens to him." Doyoung showed Sejeong a paper with an adoption papers for both Roony and Peter from the cat shelter and a letter that came with it.

The envelope was torn, which means it was sealed before Doyoung opened it without a permission.

What an ass!

Another asshole was Daniel who adopted two cats and gave the adoption papers to her. It's not like she can take them in. She doesn't even like cats. The furr bothered her. She just endured coming to the cat shelter because of Daniel.

She unfolded the scented paper and red the letter. It was a handwritten letter. Daniel made a lot of effort making this letter and she appreciates all of it. Except the cats.

Dear Sejeong,

Kim Sejeong, once you received this letter, it's too late. Joke!

I evaluated you for a reasonable amount of time to give you the privilege to adopt my cats. Rooney loves cuddles, Peter sometimes loves exploring. Cuddle them and always watch where they go or you might lose Peter. You might be wondering why you? People walked past me, I've had people come and go with my stubbornness. They let me be, some are already trying to move on and picturing a life without me, but you stayed and kept convincing me to get better.

Live! Don't say that life is unfair. Go out there and make life say that Sejeong is unfair. Don't say that life is difficult. Go out there and make life say that Sejeong is difficult. Scare it, don't let it scare you. Hurt it and don't let it hurt you. And finally claim your life, it's yours to live. Make your every breath mine. Every time you wake up make sure you would do what I would do. Maybe then you'll remember me everyday, then I won't seem like I died.

"Keep me alive will you. Use my heartbeat and breaths happily."

Danik

Sejeong didn't even notice that her tears were already falling on the letter she was holding.

"He also made me promise to give you roses every Valentines day and write his name as the sender." Doyoung said more calmly, still driving. He's impressive on how he's keeping his focus on the road.

"He said out of all the girls he met, you were the only one who gave him chocolates by mistake. He wanted to make you happy on Valentine's day like the way you made him happy." Doyoung spoke again making Sejeong sob louder. The memory of that Valentines day.