Chapter 4 - Club Strike

Sejeong rushed into Daniel, staring at his side where the chest tube was yesterday. She was deep in her thoughts that she couldn't see anybody else but Daniel.

Was it a dream?

If it isn't, then his side must still hurts today.

Not just the chest tube but the operation.

Why did he already went to school?

"Just present your madical certificate and you can rest all you want. You'll just be excused for all the activities and quizzes and exams. You can rest, you deserve to." she said on a shaky voice but Daniel covered her mouth with his hand.

"I told you to forget about yesterday. I'm fine now, I can already walk and even dance. You don't have to worry now, Everything's okay now." he whispered, his eyes laid on hers as if he was hypnotizing her, because everything he just said, she wanted to believe it.

Everything's okay now.

Was it?

Sejeong slapped his hand away before speaking.

"If it's cancer, why don't you try chemotherapy?" Sejeong asked.

Now that question used to be offensive to him, but since Sejeong's different from the rest of them, he will answer her the truth. Every people who has cancer but refuse to recieve medication hear that suggestion often. That's that people's action to make it seem like they care. At least that's what Daniel thought.

Chemotherapy?

Do people really think that people that are suffering from cancer haven't considered that?

To other people, he would say they can't afford it. To the doctors he would say he didn't want to lose his beautiful hair. To his parents, he would tell them that he wouldn't do it and spend the money to donate on the cat shelter.

But to Sejeong, "Chemotherapy has no guarantee. It'll only make me sick, like really sick. It kills fast growing cells, not just cancer cells but other cells that I needed. It'll make me weaker." he said before sighing. "I don't want to limit my capability with a treatment that has no guarantee." he said.

"How about radiation?" Sejeong asked. Daniel smiled at her knowledge after knowing about his illness for 12 hours.

"Radiation is the biggest fear of men Sejeong. We're afraid to not reproduce." he said, getting rid of Sejeong's pity, turning it to disgust and disbelief. Somehow Sejeong forgot that he has a life threatening disease.

While Sejeong's making disgusted sounds when Baekhyun came to them. "How's the group project guys?" he asked.

"We're arguing whether they would just leave the planet or destroy the planet." Daniel responded as if they were really talking about the activity. He was a fast liar.

"Ahhh! You chosen Soulmates right? Good for you. You're already discussing the ending." he complimented, then moved on to Baejin and Pinky.

"How about you guys? How's Romeo and Juliet?" Baekhyun asked.

Pinky was silent. She hasn't finished the book yet. She's not even near the half of it. Cheer practice doesn't really give you enough time to read books. Especially a novel.

"Just waiting for her to finish, but I already have an idea. I'll make them despise each other in the end. Romeo won't be waiting, Juliet will wait for nothing. Then they didn't have to fight for a fucking forbidden love." he explained.

"Yo! Make that work!" Jihoon agreed even though he is seat was far from Baejin.

"I didn't ask for your opinion Park Jihoon." Baekhyun went to that row and took their book. It was 'My Heart and other Black Holes'.