Chapter 12 - Hourglass

And just like that, Sejeong was back to reality again with Shihyun in front of her. Time stopped as she travelled through time.

Tears escaped her eyes. "His memory of you will be gone. Restarting means you will remove something that happened to him. Changing what happened would mean you will not be a part of his world. The memories you cherished and treasured will be gone. Would you still take the chance?" she asked for Shihyun's opinion again.

"It's up to you if you'd rather keep the memory or keep him alive." he said before smiling. "Sorry noona, I'm clueless when it comes to that. Did I make a crappy advice?" he asked.

"No, you were a good sport for even listening to my nonsense anyway. Thank you for sharing different thoughts to my own thoughts. I needed it." she said.

"Well call me if you need someone to talk to." he said before standing. "I'll always be here." he said before going back to help at the cat shelter.

Sejeong tried to stop thinking about it for a while and clean her room. She realized that she has so many of Minki's things. She stole a lot of his jewelries and clothes.

She thought it would look good on her. She thought she'd be perfect, but now she realized that it was useless. Minki was Minki. Sejeong is Sejeong.

She gathered all of Minki's things thinking about giving them back to him until she thought about going back to the hospital to see him.

She even cooked a soup to warm them up.

As usual, Sejeong went to the nurse's station where she knew they would be.

Jonghyun wasn't there, the mean lady finished her shift too.

Minki was there organizing everything.

"Sejeong." he was surprised that she was here again.

"I should give you back your necklace." Sejeong told him right away, starting to remove the necklace but Minki stopped her.

"It's yours. I gave it to you." he told her.

"But why?" Sejeong asked.

"I told you before, you're my family. Just like my grandma, I need to pass it on to a family." he said with a smile.

Sejeong stared at him admiring his beauty and kindness. Maybe that's what makes him perfect.

Then Sejeong saw his cuts, she was reminded that he has those. He wasn't different from her.

Minki noticed that Sejeong was looking at his cuts. "When you first slit your wrist, it was because you think it was fine because I had it right?" he asked her and she stood there frozen.

"Sorry Sejeong that I had to be in your life and steal your innosence. Starting from the gender preference and the things you can do to relieve the pain." he told her. "If I only I controlled myself not to fall for Jonghyun, your life would've been simple." he apologized.

Sejeong drastically shook her head.

"No! It's true that My innosence was stained when I saw you with oppa and saw your cuts. When you became a part of my life I had a different perspective. I don't get mad and get irritated when people are different that what people define as normal. Because of you I don't judge people who are going through rough time. If I had to do it again, I want to have you in my life again." Sejeong said as she started crying again.

Minki smiled at her, accidentally glancing at the bracelet that Daniel made Doyoung give Sejeong. He touched it. "Today is just today. That kid never listened until his last breath. He knows what he wanted and he did them all." he smiled.