Epilogue

Present

Sejeong was escorted by Baejin and Pinky to exit the school premises. She noticed the clouds being thick and dark.

It might snow.

She was confused and already eager to ask them what happened. Questions like: 'Where's Daniel?' And 'Why is Baejin studying here?' But she couldn't say a thing.

Her head was starting to assume all the possibilities. After the audition, did he still went to the practice room?

Pinky noticed Sejeong's silence. She wanted to talk but and comfort her but there's nothing she could possibly tell her friend. When it comes to Daniel, there's nothing she can say that could possibly help Sejeong.

"What's gotten into you? This has to be the first time in so long that you've mentioned Daniel's name. We're supposed to be worrying about where to apply for college not thinking about people who aren't here. We all agreed to attend the review to get to a good college, but you fell asleep." He complained.

People who aren't here.

Sejeong sighed and raised her left arm. Here cuts were back again. She got depressed eventually.

She didn't change a thing in the past. In the end, there was nothing she can do to change fate. It'll end how it ended. Her body will be found in the ocean.

There was nothing else to say so she kept silent while they rode the bus home. Both Pinky and Baejin were awkward before she reached her bus stop. Sejeong came home and noticed that she's back to reality. Jonghyun and Minki's inside preparing for their duty at the hospital.

She noticed Minki still has the bracelet that Daniel gave her. So it did happened. She really traveled through time.

She suddenly ran up to them and hugged them from the back startling the two of them. "I love you guys." She muttered.

Both Minki and Jonghyun turned around to hug her. "How are you? You know, you can just take care of the cats if you want to. You don't have to go to college." Jonghyun told her.

She was puzzled why those words came out of her brother's mouth. Jonghyun was so strict about studies. Hearing that from him made her want to laugh. It sounds like some of his cheesy joke that nobody would laugh at except Minki.

"Cats? And then what, be a crazy cat lady?" She asked before chuckling. Minki slid a bowl of ramen in front of her, followed by a serving of Kimchi and fried chicken. As usual, he's spoiling her.

"Thanks." She said as jolly as she can. Jonghyun has this poker face plastered in his face, staring at her as if he's assessing her like his patients. That wasn't the response she was expecting. She wanted to see them smile so bad.

Was it because she started cutting eventually?

She doesn't feel depressed at all. She came from a timeline where she's in good condition, Daniel's alive and she's alive.

"You're smiling a lot today. You know you can be true to me. You can cry if you want. We can call Doyoung over if you want. As long as he leaves before 8 o'clock." Jonghyun told her.

Doyoung?

So, it seems like she remained friends with the others despite Daniel's death.

"Nahhh, I'm good." She said, taking a large bite at the chicken. She looks fine. She talks fine.

She might seem fine, but Jonghyun was afraid when she's smiling so much. She might be faking it.

Because when she starts to fake it, that's when she might attempt to hurt herself again. That's how they do it. They become more jolly and noticeably different from the condition they have.