Chapter 18 - Forward

The next day, they were all expecting to see a one big mess outside because of the blizzard. It was the opposite. Everything was covered in white snow, shimmering as if they were tiny crystals.

It was beautiful, though last night is was scary. You won't imagine that something so destructive can cause beauty.

The three of them admired the  sparkling snow. Most of the time on winter, you think of how you're going to get rid of the snow on the driveway and on the roof before your house collapses on the weight from the accumulated snow.

People are so busy trying to get by and finish their day quickly and smoothly that they see the snow as a burden and don't notice the small things that matter.

But when you have no time to catch, you can appreciate the beauty on little things.

"I can bring him back to life if you give me another life."

There's another whisper, but this time, it's not just  Sejeong who heard it, Daniel and Doyoung heard it too.

What is that?

Who's that who just whispered?

He seemed so close but there's nobody here but them.

I can't do that. Sejeong thought.

"I can bring you back to how it was before and erase the fact that Daniel is sick. I can take away his illness and bring him back to life."

I have nothing to give you.

The three of them went ahead and drove back to the city. Sejeong and Daniel sat on the backseat as if Doyoung was their driver. He didn't care though. He will believe everything that Sejeong would tell him.

If Daniel would really.......die, he wouldn't want to be one of the causes of her sadness anymore. For some reason, he wanted to be her only comfort. Be something kind when everything in this world can be harsh to her.

"Can we go to the cat shelter?" Sejeong asked.

Both Doyoung and Daniel had the same thoughts.

Cat shelter?

Cats?

Sejeong didn't look like a cat person.

Sejeong showed them around, showing them Torby and Rcy. Doyoung wasn't amused but Daniel looked happy. He looked at the cats the way he looked at them before. He doesn't even know them. He's never taken care of the cats at this life.

"Why do I feel like I had a cat before?" Daniel asked.

"Maybe I had one on my past life." He muttered leaving Sejeong frozen, because she knew that what he said was true.

Past life

That was an odd thing to say.

But at the same time, it was clever. It was as if he knew what had happened.

If only he knew.

He has no idea...

Maybe Sejeong should've left it the way it was. Now she doesn't even knew who this Daniel is. He's now far more different than the Daniel she knew. She changed him, and she's uncertain if she changed him for the better or for worse.

She was starting to regret it until flashes of Daniel lying on the snow started to cloud up her mind. Then Daniel lying on the hospital bed lifeless came next. It was a nightmare. She wouldn't let that happen again. She didn't want that to happen again.

"Wow! Another volunteer. It looks like the cats are being lucky." The Vet greeted them.

After playing and taking care of the cats, Daniel and Sejeong went to the nearest park and met up with everybody.