Chapter 17 - Like a Snow

"What happened back there?" Taeyong asked Sejeong in concern. She seem like her real self again. Lonely and depressed Sejeong, or why would she walk along with the snow storm ahead.

Sejeong didn't want to talk about it. She was disgusted of herself. Not only she just disturbed Daniel's rest but brought the dead back to life.

"What if you have the chance to save someone and turn back time. Would you accept the offer, even if it might end the same way? He might die again he might suffer the same painful and slow death. Was it worth the risk?" she asked them. She doesn't makes sense. What she's saying was impossible. Time travel is not real and it's never an option.

If a human being can time travel then it would've been used for different kinds of selfishness.

"Well it depends on who that person is to me. If he's important to me I'd turn back time and try to save him." Seulgi answered, without knowing that it was a real thing. "Not everyday you get to travel back time to save someone dear to you. If course you'd take whatever risk you might go through." She continued.

"But isn't it selfish?" Taeyong asked. "If something goes wrong he might suffer the same painful and slow death. Wouldn't it be too selfish to allow him to go through it again?"

It was Taeyong's opinion. He thought Daniel and Sejeong only debated on the book Daniel was holding earlier since Sejeong loves reading books and this question she's asking didn't seem like a real life situation.

Who travels back in time?

It's impossible. It's still scifi up to this date.

A mere concept.

So it was selfish. Some people would say it's selfish.

Sejeong shut her eyes closed firmly. Now she knew what she did wrong. She was so excited to fix her life, fix everything that's broken but all she can save was herself.

"He gave you time but he's not God. You aren't either." she heard a voice at the back of her head. A soft and calm voice. Something unfamiliar. It's definitely not Tao.

"All he wanted to protect was the tree. Not you and definitely not Daniel. You're just his puppets."

She heard it again. If what he's saying was the truth, then she was an idiot for accepting. 'Who are you?' Sejeong thought hoping he can read her thoughts.

"I'm Luhan, also a guardian. Our planet is in danger and needed help to protect it, but unfortunately, Tao was too desperate to ask help from a human. The truth is, this won't help much because you're not the last human who will commit suicide. Poor you, you're stuck in this misery. Would you like me to help?" he asked.

He's another one of them, how can she be so sure that he's also using her?

"Unlike the others, I won't do this to help you save our planet. I'll do this to spare you the sadness. Let me erase your memory. Just say you agree with me and I can fix your memory. I can make you forget your past life. This will be the only life you'll remember. You will never feel that sadness anymore when you see him." he tempted her, because he knew that the hardest part was looking at Daniel and recalling everything that happened.

"Baekhyun can only highlight the memories, I can replace them and make you believe that they were only in your dreams. You're running out of time Sejeong. You only have nine days left. Did you know? Time will go back and you'll see the result of what you did for two weeks." Luhan spoke again.

Sejeong wanted to forget. It was the hardest part in this, seeing Daniel dying on the snow and his dead body at the hospital lifeless.

"Tao manipulated time and show you different things to make you agree, would you mind if I show this to you too?" he asked using his telepathic ability to take control of Sejeong's mind.