Chapter 1 - Chocolates

Kang Daniel was not all that bad. He volunteer at this cat shelter with this other weird guy-Kim Yongguk. Some say they only want to make their college application look good, but some says they're obsessed with cats.

But aside from that, there's a lot going on with Kang Daniel. He's been caught talking to himself a lot. He sleeps in class from lack of sleep at night. Some says he sells drugs at night, some say he makes drugs and others say he's a user.

Lots of bad things about him circulates the school but Sejeong won't know the truth for sure. at least not yet. All that's confirmed are, he's famous underground.

But nobody knows for sure. He's just a mysterious guy who walks around with a smile on his face and laughs at everything he hears as if everything was funny. Some say he came out of a mental institution somewhere and that's why he laughs at everything.

Some also say that he laughs because deep inside his head, he's murdering someone or maybe everybody.

How would they not assume those things when he's only talking to himself?

The guy coughs a lot as if he has tuberculosis or maybe he smokes a lot and has COPD or Acute Bronchitis. But he's so young to develop such disease. He can't have tuberculosis or he would've been isolated at a hospital somewhere.

But one look at him you can say that he's healthy as fuck. He's so fit and bulky.

Nobody knows about his family or his past. He has no friends like any other misfits that walk around campus.

After Sejeong's shift was over, she was replaced by Yoojung, a quiet student but loves extra curricular activities. Sejeong left the booth and searched for Daniel at the laboratory that nobody uses because even teachers are scared of it.

E-305, the last laboratory down the hall on the third floor.

It is said that three years ago, when the room was still being used during a storm. Only seven students went to school without an excuse but when the teacher was checking attendance, she counted eight students.

After the attendance the teacher started nagging, "Only eight can attend the class! You really should know your priorities." the students ran towards her and wrapped their hands around her.

"Why?" she asked.

"Only seven students attended today." they told her making everybody run out of the room and the next day they requested to be placed on another laboratory.

Nobody goes there now, it remained empty for three years, that's until Kang Daniel transfered last year and started sleeping there. The teachers didn't mind, even the director of the school. He thought maybe if someone starts hanging in there, people will realize thay there's no such thing as ghosts that haunts that room.

But nobody would realize that, because Daniel looks like the type of guy who can talk to the unseen.

Because, do you really think he only talks to himself?

He might be, but there's a big possibility that he's talking to someone one he can see.

Sejeong shook it off from her thoughts and proceeded climbing up the stairs until she finally reached the third floor.

Walking at the empty and silent corridors was the scariest part. She was literally running for her life just to reach the famous haunted laboratory.

She's never felt so happy seeing Kang Daniel. He doesn't look good. He was holding the chocolates on his chest, laying on the laboratory table where there's a bottom table and a top table for chemicals. At the center there's a faucet and another pipe for gas.