Chapter 10 - Blizzard

After making a snow angel, Daniel and Sejeong started making a snowman. They were both so happy but Daniel looked very ill.

Doyoung knew that they had to go back before the sun sets or else Sejeong's going to take the blame for this.

"I wish I met you sooner." Daniel whispered to Sejeong's ears. He seem to be more ill than earlier. Sejeong knew that she had to take him back to the hospital.

"How about you?" Daniel was expecting for her to answer the same thing. Playing hard to get and playing the cold guy isn't the perfect time right now.

He's dying and the only girl who showed interest in him was here right beside him. What else is needed?

What else should be done?

"I wish I never met you." Sejeong found herself saying before a droplet of tears rolled down as it dried up from the cold breeze of the wind.

At that point she was telling the truth. She wished she never should've met him.

She never should've forced her parents to buy a new lawn, and the building shouldn't have been demolished that day when he snuck in to practice.

He never should've had cancer.

They might not know each other but at least he's not dying.

Daniel licked his dried, cracked, and pale lips, before responding. "If the wrong basket of chocolate didn't happen, I would've died pointless. I'd die thinking life's unfair. I'd die killing myself." his voice cracked. "I should thank God that Niel and I have the same first name. Actually, I should thank him later." he added with a fake laugh.

'No, if I did things differently, you never would've suffered like this.' Sejeong thought.

"Next life, I'll wait for you. I'll find you and make sure you will never regret that you met me. I will never make you worry anymore." Daniel placed his hands on her chin, gently placing his lips on hers.

Sejeong stayed still, closing her eyes to release another droplet of tear she's been holding back.

Daniel pulled away wiping her tears away. "Next life I can be reckless and you'd be annoyed of me, not be worried anymore." he promised.

'He won't last long. Sorry but you need this favor. You'll thank me later.'

Sejeong heard a voice inside her head.

"Guys, that's enough. We can continue this at the hospital." Doyoung interrupted them.

Sejeong turned to him and saw a man standing near the pine trees. He raise his hand. A symbol on his wrist began to glow and suddenly, the snow became feistier.

It would be hard to drive at this point.

"Fuck!" Doyoung cursed, helping Daniel up. "There's a resthouse near here." he told Sejeong who was still staring at the man but he started walking away until he disappeared on the trees.

The three of them went to the resthouse Doyoung was talking about.

It was originally a Xero's family's resthouse during winter but as they got busier, nobody really appreciated it.

Doyoung knew that this would happen 99% so it was his first choice of location to see the snow.

Xero always leave the key under the mat. Only his close friends knew that.

There's a fireplace inside, and comfortable beds. There's no food though. But Doyoung got it all covered. He brought energy bars and a couple of bottled water.