Chapter 5 - Accident

Today is just another day pitying Kang Daniel and his situation. Not only his wound but this morning, while going to school, Daniel had to ride his motorbike. Maybe taking the crowded bus was inconvenient if you have a fresh wound. People will keep bumping into you.

Walking would make him use his total lung capacity, which would be painful if your interstitial spaces are swelling from the operation.

But instead of doing him good, he fell just before he parked because he couldn't help but cough. Coughing and driving doesn't go well. He scratched his right forearm, supporting himself up as a reflex.

Sejeong keeps worrying about Daniel's incision at this point.

He came in coldly and went to sleep like usual. He stays up late at night, believing that he's living his life, when in fact, he's slowly killing himself. Why not rest when you're sick?

Daniel coughed loudly all of a sudden, and as an initial response to cover up that he's sick, he covered his mouth with both hands to muffle the noise. But everybody heard him. They all look disgusted assuming he caught the flu or something, probably.

Sejeong wished that he only caught a flu.

'What if he coughed blood again?' She worries even more.

Last night she went overboard, that she wanted to stay away from him for a while. Maybe doing that will cool him down and won't be sensitive when she's around.

"Got a great news for you and bad news! Which one do you want to know first?" Sungwoon greeted Sejeong. She jolted up, shifting his gaze to Ha Sungwoon.

Sejeong don't have many friends or close ones, but Sungwoon is another trustworthy classmate and a friendly being who would smile and wave at every student walking the hallways. Everybody loved the bubbly guy.

Sungwoon gave this funny smile at her, before tracing to where Sejeong was gazing before. It was either she's staring at the window, Hwang Minhyun or Kang Daniel.

It must be the window, because Sejeong's not interested in guys unless it's Ahn Daniel.

"What's the good news!?" Sejeong stood up, covering Sungwoon's view before he figures out that she was staring at Daniel.

"For the upcoming feast of St. Fatima, the school wanted you to sing, representing the school." Sungwoon said showing her the letter of request from the head of their school.

It was a big thing for Sejeong since she love singing. Before Sejeong wanted to celebrate, she wanted to know the bad news first.

"And the bad news?" she asked.

"You know that property that your father bought before the car crash? Someone wants to buys it. I have a relative who's been thinking about running a simple cafe. The wide space was perfect. Would your brother agree to sell it?" Sungwoon asked.

Sejeong almost forgot about it. It was a property that she was pushing her father to buy, because she's tired of living on a flat. Everybody on that building always whisper about Jonghyun and Minki to the point where she couldn't stand it.

Years ago, she harassed her parents to buy a property to build their own house on a far place, and avoid different gossips about Jonghyun and Minki's relationship.

"I know it meant something to you because it was the last property your father bought, but you guys never built something in it for years. We won't buy it on a cheap prize, I promise." Sungwoon tried to negotiate when Sejeong seem hesitant.

"I'll discuss it with my brother first." Sejeong replied making Sungwoon pout. His pout was the cutest thing in the world. Sejeong wanted to say 'yes' and even give it to him for free, but she must resist that cute pout.