Chapter Four

Hey all, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just started my junior year at college so things have been hectic. I'll try my best to publish more frequently.

Anyway, here's the next chapter, please let me know what you think. I love feed back and criticism so lay it on me

Summary: The one with sister bonding 

--------
FOUR

A couple days had passed since the party, and I had yet to leave my house. Carmilla and Aurora tried to hang around the day after, but I just couldn't handle the effort to communicate with them. As much as I appreciated their help, I wanted to be left alone. The days I spent laying around the house were none too productive. Every now and again my phone would buzz to a familiar beat, the screen lit up with Sawyer's name and face. I always declined with a heavy heart.

I had attempted to cook several times and each time I found myself crying into the food. Sawyer loved the food I cooked and each time I was cooking she would sneak back into my mind. After multiple failed attempts, I gave up. It wasn't worth adding an excess amount of salty tears to my dishes.

While I had given up cooking, I was hopeful that maybe cleaning would clear my head. My logic was that maybe if I cleaned every inch of the house I could cleanse the image of her lips on someone else's from my mind. That idea was proved to be false the moment I found one of Sawyer's shirts hidden under my bed. It was an old ratty grey t-shirt that had the image of a wolf on the front and the number 14 on the back accompanied by her last name. Sawyer had been searching for it for the weeks prior to her vacation because it was one of her favorites. I hadn't thought to look in my room since she didn't usually leave clothes here.

Thinking back on it now, I realized this was the shirt she was wearing when she came over the day before the end of the school year. My parents were both at work and Charlie was with her friends, leaving the house to Sawyer and I. It started as a typical afternoon together, catching each other up on our lives since we only got to see each other outside of school. Sawyer made the first move, kissing me fiercely on the lips, and before I knew it things were getting heated between us. We had laid there blissfully until we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Sawyer threw on the first pieces of clothes she could find, having trouble locating her shirt. The shirt I held in my hand right now.

I kept the shirt closely tucked against me, the smell of Sawyer still lingering on it; a mix of vanilla and mint. Going back to that day I spent in bed with Sawyer brought a fresh new round of tears to my eyes. I had felt so in tune with her, so in love with her. In between the memories of Sawyer's body against mine flashed the images of Sawyer's body against that girls. The memory of us contaminated once again by the mystery girl.

A strangled sob escaped my lips, echoing through my silent room. Every inch of my body felt like it was burning and breaking apart. The home I had built Sawyer inside my heart was being burnt to ashes leaving a large flickering VACANCY sign on it. All the plans we had, the memories we made, every single one of our promises were all trapped in that fire and the only thing I could do was sit by and wait for it to go out.

A knock sounded against my door, jostling me from my thoughts. I swiped quickly at my face hoping to get rid of the tear stains. A head popped through the door, an apprehensive face staring back at me. "Hey," Charlie said, gingerly stepping into my room. "Is everything okay, I...do you need anything?" I wanted to shake my head, to send her away and go back to wallowing my self-pity, but something stopped me. I felt a familiar pull toward my sister, wanting to find solace in the one person who had always been by my side. We may not have been as close as we used to, but Charlie never failed to understand how I was feeling. Before my brain had even fully processed all of this, a sob tore itself out of my chest, ripping its way up my throat and forcing itself through my lips. Charlie's eyes went wide before bolting to my side, the door slamming shut behind her.