Chapter Twenty-Five

Hey peoples, thanks for the patience. As promised, here's the next update. 

I also finished the last two chapters, so this week there will be another update Wednesday and Friday and then book will be complete. 

So enjoy! 

Summary: the one with the soccer game 

TWENTY-FIVE

Saturday morning after my date with Violet left me in an impeccable mood. I had dropped her off at her house with a quick kiss and a promise to cheer loudly at her game today. She had to meet up with her team before the game to do warm-ups, so that left me to hang out with my friends. Since Sophie was going to be with Violet and the team, Aurora and I were going to get breakfast at the diner before the game. Grayson was tagging along because we both had to photograph the game for the yearbook. We all agreed to meet up at the Sunset Diner and catch up with each other. It had only be a couple days, but each of us had been absorbed with school work, especially with the impending college application deadlines that were approaching rapidly.

Grayson, Aurora, and I piled into our usual corner booth in the diner when we all arrived. We placed our orders—a round of chocolate chip pancakes and two sides of hash browns to share—and chatted idly about school and work until the food appeared. Just as we were about to dig in the door to the diner burst open and in came Carmilla.

"Thanks for the invite, guys," She grumbled before sliding into the booth next to Grayson and cozying up next to him and taking a bit of his pancakes.

"You never want to go," Aurora said, "We didn't think this time would be any different."

"Well it is," Carmilla huffed.

"You're here now, Carm, it's okay," Grayson said rubbing her arm gently. I was waiting for her to explode dramatically like she always does when someone attempts to soothe her. She isn't huge on comfort for herself, she doesn't like being pitied or excluded. And I wholeheartedly expected her to smack his hand away. But she melted into his touch instead.

"What the hell," I said rather loudly. "You two," I pointed at them dramatically. "What is this?" Carmilla jumped slightly and moved away from Grayson.

"Nothing! It's nothing," She sputtered out.

"I don't believe you," I responded.

"Don't worry about it, Emmie," Grayson interjected.

"I'm not worried about it, I'm curious as to why you both think you have to hide it," I stated plainly. "What about you, Rory? You think they're hiding something from us?"

"Mhm, definitely, Carm is not that gooey with guys," Aurora noted.

"Exactly," I nodded thoughtfully. "She must really like Grayson, then."

"Definitely, definitely," Aurora agreed. "And he's very quick to comfort her; how cute."

"So cute," I smirked at the two sitting across from us. They squirmed slightly in their seats.

"We are sitting right here," Carmilla whined.

"We know," Aurora and I chorused.

"Fine," Grayson grumbled, "We're dating."

"Gray!" Carmilla whispered pointedly. "We agreed we were going to wait until Emery resolved the whole Violet issue."

"They figured it out, what did you want me to do? Lie to them?" He shot back. Aurora and I watched the two bicker back and forth for several minutes. We continued to eat our breakfast and amusement at the verbal tennis match that was in front of us. The waitress came by and took away our cleaned off plates and dropped off the check before Grayson and Carmilla stopped arguing.