Chapter Eleven

Summary: the one with the run in

ELEVEN

"Hold up, you're telling me you hooked up with Eliza the same day you dumped Sawyer," Carmilla said incredulously.

            "That's exactly what I said, were you not listening?" Immediately after I left work I called Carmilla and told her we needed an emergency hang out session. Noticing the tone of my voice she readily agreed with a quip about how what I had to say better be good. We decided on our favorite local 24-hour eating spot, Sunrise Diner, later that night. I had Carmilla call Aurora to inform her of the plan.

            "Oh, trust me, I was listening, I'm just shocked. Our sweet little Emery has come out of her shell!" Carmilla cheered. She took a big swing of her coffee before setting the mug down with a heavy hand. "Aurora, are you are shocked as I am?"

            "Not really, we both know Emery can be irrational when she's angry," They both giggled at my expense.

            "It was one time! You guys will never let me live that down, will you?" I groaned as I slouched in my seat. A few years ago they had been trying to plan a surprise birthday party for me. I was always seeing them whisper to each other and they'd flake on me to hang with each other. I got incredibly angry and stormed over to Carmilla's house to confront her. I had started yelling at her the moment she opened the door. My tantrum was cut off by a weak chorus of people saying "surprise." Suffice to say I was thoroughly embarrassed at my outburst. They've yet to let that one go. According to Aurora I was about to choke Carmilla, but I think they like to exaggerate.

            "Oh hush, you know you get unreasonable when you get mad, and this is another example of that," Carmilla said.

            "Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, after Eliza and I had sex I ran off."

            "Damn, was it that bad?" Aurora chimed in. I gazed into the coffee that sat in front of me taking a moment to think.

            "Or was it that good?" Carmilla wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively. I looked back up at my friends across from me. They both wore two different expressions. Carmilla had a cheeky smile on her face, clearly enjoying the escapades I've had today. While Aurora had a thoughtful look on like she was struggling to piece together what was going on in my head. Even I didn't know what was going on in my head half the time.

            "Both?" I answered honestly. "I used Eliza as a distraction and to make myself feel better which is making me feel like a steaming pile of garbage. On the other hand..." My face heated up at the thought.

            "It was really good sex, then, huh?" Carmilla laughed loudly. "I don't even think you thought sex with Sawyer was that good."

            "Maybe you should have angry sex more often, Emmie," Aurora joined in with Carmilla to laugh at me.

            "Or just have more sex with Eliza," Their laughter grew in volume as I continued to sit there with an embarrassed blush waiting for them to stop. Sex with Sawyer was good, but I never knew anything different. She was my first and only until this point, which is why I surprised even myself by hooking up with Eliza. I had never known anyone in that way other than Sawyer. And while being with Sawyer in that way was satisfying...Eliza did it better. But not in a way that I wanted to do it again. The physical attraction was there and she definitely knew what she was doing, but there was no connection. And the idea of being with Eliza again like that made a ball of tension appear in the pit of my stomach.

            "I'm gonna pass on that one. I'm not into her like that, I may have enjoyed it in the moment, but I had a break down in the middle of work because of it," I admitted sheepishly when their laughter ended.  Carmilla and Aurora had mirrored looks of concern pointed toward me. "It was just a lot to handle this morning and it caught up to me."