Chapter Twenty-Seven

The beginning of this chapter has some flashbacks to what happened to charlie, nothing to descriptive.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is the last chapter.

Also here's a playlist I made for the book.

If you have a spotify, look me @samzags and take a listen to the Landslide playlist!

Summary: the one without everyone

TWENTY-SEVEN

I didn't know what was going on around me.

All I saw was Charlie lying on the bathroom floor barely breathing.

A hand was rubbing soothingly on my arm.

Aurora's voice whispered something in my ear, but I couldn't hear her.

The sound of sirens were still ringing in my ears. The bright red lights of the ambulance flashed through my mind. I could faintly hear the paramedics at the scene telling me to back up so they could help Charlie. They were yelling at me trying to determine what Charlie had taken, but I couldn't tell. I numbly gestured to pills that were on the floor.

Grayson appeared in front of me waving his hand slowly in front of my eyes. I didn't react. I couldn't. I was frozen in place.

The sight of Charlie being hoisted and brought out of the house on the stretcher. The paramedics were moving quickly as they got Charlie and themselves into the back of the ambulance before ushering me in with them. I stayed out of the way as much as I could as they worked on keeping Charlie alive.

"What do you mean you can't tell me anything! That's her twin sister right there, she has a right to know!" Carmilla's screaming broke through my trance. She was getting in the nurse's face.

"It's not that I can't tell you anything, Miss, there is nothing to tell. Charlotte's state hasn't changed," the nurse explained sympathetically. "They're still trying to pump her stomach. Like they were ten minutes ago. I will let you all know if anything changes."

Sounds of Charlie being forced to puke in the ambulance, the sight of her body pale and practically lifeless body in the hands of the paramedics, my hands shaking uncontrollably, my breathing ragged, everything was fading in and out. Flashes of her blood. Glimpses of myself. Memories of my friends flooding into the hospital.

Who called them?

Did I?

I don't remember.

"Emery," A voice spoke softly. "Emmie?"

"I don't think she can hear us, Rory," Another voice added quietly.

"I know, Sophie, but we've got to reach her somehow."

"Maybe we should call Violet, she could--" The voices were both cut off by the sound of a shrill, authoritative women's voice.

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" My mother's sharp voice pierced through my shell shocked mental state. My head snapped up causing my eyes to meet hers. "You." She stomped toward me angrily. "What did you do to her!"

"Mrs. Davis, Emery wasn't ---" Aurora attempted, but the glare my mother sent her way shut her up.

"Why weren't you there for her, Emery?" My mother demanded heatedly. "She's your sister, you're supposed to look out for her and take care of her. Why weren't you there? Why didn't you stop her? How did you not know?" Her voice rose and rose until she was screaming at me, throwing pointed words in my direction. Each one stung as badly as the next.