Tension On The Rise

It's been a week now since the dinner party and I just can't shake this gut intuition about Ari. For the most part I do believe Dem when he says he's never touched her, yet I get this naggling feeling that somethings just not right. He's been pulling a lot of late nights and early mornings this week, but I also know he's having some issues with a new deal. I can feel the stress pouring off him and wish I could help. On more than one occasion I've asked him to open up to me but he refuses. True, we agreed early on in our relationship that he wouldn't share the business details with me, but I need to know so I can properly be there for him, especially since I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with him.

I've spoke to Miri about it and she assures me that it's just Dem being Dem and this too shall pass. I'm afraid to ask Laney questions  because I sense there's some underlying issues with her and the Tomini family and I don't want to cause a ruckus. Don't get me wrong, Laney's great and I've grown to really like her, but I'm just not comfortable discussing our relationship with Dem's mother.

Tonight though I've planned a special treat for Dem to help him relax a bit. I'm ordering his favorite meal along with a nice bottle of wine and picking up some massage oils to give my man a good rub down. I've also purchased some sexy lingerie to spoil him right. Leaving work early, I hurriedly bought everything I needed and rushed home to prepare. Showering first, I put extra effort into my hair and make-up, then ran to the kitchen to set the table, light the candles, put on some sultry jazz and await Dem.

Wrapping a robe around me to keep the chill off, I sat at the table with overdue excitement at my plan. Usually Dem walks in around five and when there was no sign of him by five-thirty I decided to shoot him a text, all the while thinking he normally contact's me If he's going to be late.

"Hey baby, just wondering when your coming home?"

"Sorry cupcake, I forgot to call. Things are a wreck here. Don't know when I'll get away. Go ahead and eat and go to bed. Love ya".

I tossed my phone on the table as I lookedover the wasted food. Suddenly I felt stupid sitting there in lingerie by candle light alone. Blowing the candles out I slowly walked to the bedroom and slid into my fuzzy pajamas. I wasn't going to pretend my feelings were hurt. Sulking, I picked up my plate of Chinese chicken and headed to the living room. Flipping the tube on, I tuned into "Me Before You" and had a big cry fest as I ate.  Midway through the film I heard my door being pushed open. Before I could turn to look I heard Laney's voice call out. "Demarco?"

Her and London emerged into the living room catching me in my weakest moment. Ratty pajamas, tear stained cheeks, and surrounded by food whil watching a sappy love story.  "Oh, um, hey Sam. Where's Dem?" Laney asked a bit uncomfortable.

Turning my thumb downwards I indicated toward the Den. I watched as Laney took in the romantically decorated table with cold food by now and melted ice in the wine chiller. "Is everything okay sweetie?"

Glancing at London, I decided I didn't care if I cried in front of him. "Demarco is always working and away. He's been so stressed lately and I never see him anymore." Pausing to sob I started ugly crying. "I planned this special night and he was a no show".

Laney sat down beside me trying to comfort me as London grabbed his jacket. "I'm going to the Den and let you two talk". Kissing Laney bye, he mumbled into her ear. "Call If you need me babydoll".

As London left I sniffled and mumbled. "That right there is what I want".

Laney pulled me close and said sweetly. "Oh honey, every relationship is different and believe me London and I have had our share of hard times. Believe me when I say this, Demarco loves you. Your his first serious relationship and he's bound to screw up occasionally, but he loves you".